This Disappears When Logged In

Crested Gecko Help. Kinked Tail on Proper Diet??

Discussion in 'Herp Health' started by LillithTheSpider, Nov 14, 2014.

1. LillithTheSpider

LillithTheSpider Active Member

Yeah, another que she was no good. I had tried to get one for her prior to the visit, but Avery wasn't cooperative lol. (he usually poops on me all the time :p I contacted this new vet. He told me to give him electrolytes while i wait for my appointment date, which I bought yesterday. I will see him next week on Wednesday. He requested pictures of his tank, a stool sample, bring his food and supplements, ect. Big difference. He also confirmed that he doubts the plastic had anything to do with it.

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Just because a vet will see reptiles doesn't mean they know what they are doing. And sadly there are some who will see them purely in the hopes of lining their pockets. Sounds as if you might bebon the right track with the second vet though.

3. LillithTheSpider

Hopefully. I think she meant well, because she didn't charge us anything for the visit at all.

4. LillithTheSpider

New Update: So this is the second day I have been administrating a hydration supplement to Avery through a syringe. I've been carefully dripping it on his tongue every time he licks his nose, every morning and night. Tonight he seems to be more hydrated, his skin is starting to bounce back quicker, but its not 100%. Also while giving him his fluids, he suddenly peed on me a clear liquid that looked and felt like water. No smell. Do Crested Geckos even pee like that? Should I be concerned about this and mark this down for the vet or is this normal? There was no stool passed with it.

5. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Wouldn't hurt to let the vet know, never noticed mine having a movement like that but I hardly ever see mine go. Just the results on the glass occasionally.