This Disappears When Logged In

CRB Striking

Discussion in 'Rainbow Boas' started by kaathepython, May 3, 2014.

1. kaathepython

kaathepython New Member

I rescue snakes and other reptiles and I got a baby Columbian Rainbow Boa about two months ago. Very tame when I first got it, and I handle it quite often. It has never struck at me or tried to bite me before today. I feed all my snakes every Friday, and it has eaten every week since I got it. Today when I tried to get it out, it struck at me. It startled me quite a bit because that was unlike him. I thought maybe he was just hungry. I moved on to feed another snake to give it time to calm down. I came back to it about 45 minutes later and tried to again, but this time it actually did bite me. I always take them out and put them in a different container to feed them, so that isn't the issue at all. Has anybody had a similar issue? I don't want to take it out and stress it out even more so I left him without food today. Any suggestions on what I should do? I don't want him to go hungry but I also don't want to risk me getting bit and jerk back out of reflex and end up pulling it's teeth out.