This Disappears When Logged In

Corn Snake Tail Problems

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by NeRDxARCHON, Dec 5, 2013.

1. NeRDxARCHON

NeRDxARCHON New Member

Hey, guys.

So, my 7 month old Motley Corn Snake, Achilles, had a rough shed last time. And now, his tail looks weird. I've been giving him daily baths and it's not really improving. I want to avoid the vet, if at all possible, because money is really tight right now.

Does anyone know how I can help him?

I've had him for two months. I'm using EcoEarth substrate. I'm using a 75W blue Zilla Day bulb and it's on top of a 20g Long aquarium. The temp is about 90 hotspot and I use a heat gun. I'm unsure about the humidity, but I have raised it recently because of the tail issue. He is readily accepting two pinkies once a week.

achilles tail.jpg achilles tail2.jpg

Thanks for the help!

2. Makawee

Makawee Member

I would definitely get at least one humidity gauge, they can be a life savor, Also, how cool is the cool end of the tank? and does he have a shedding hut?

3. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It looks like some scales are damaged/missing, not sure if it's stuck shed. He will likely go back into a shed again to repair the damage. I would switch him to paper towel until it's healed. You can help it heal with a weak betadine solution. My albino kingsnake had some raw bite wounds on his belly when I got him in November. I put some betadine on it and 2 shed's later you can't even tell.