This Disappears When Logged In

Cool New Tiny Frog

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by kriminaal, Mar 18, 2011.

1. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

That's one TINY frog!
    I wonder how big the babies are!
    Imagine tryng to cultivate feeders for THOSE!

Just goes to prove that we don't know quite as much about our world as we think we do!

3. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Whoa, that frog is trippy.....

So many new animals being discovered, I wonder what's next?

4. kriminaal

I guess it might eat mites or something.

5. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Pretty darn cool!

I love when we discover new things.

6. sallie2010

sallie2010 Member

These study always prove that Humans still have not uncovered the secrets of the our planet. It goes to show you that there is still more to learn and it is so important to cultivate more people that care about this planet! That is why I am a teacher!

7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Sallie, I couldn't agree with you more. It's a shame that most of today's youth are not interested in what nature has to offer.

8. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

so great!

9. sallie2010

sallie2010 Member

Our youth are one step away from nature because of what technology offers...which is bad and good. They have so much more to their fingertips than I did when I was their age.

To get them closer to nature I have native species in my room...usually amphibians and discuss how these animals are keystone species to our water ways and how planet's health. They seem to understand it a little more.

10. kriminaal

I like technology and all, but I don't find it interesting. Reptiles and Amphibians are so diverse it's amazing. I've taught my 6yr old to appreciate and value nature from day one. She's a hands on type of girl. Sometimes a little too much.
    Somethings SHOULD remain outdoors. Especially if they are dead,lol

11. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Sallie, I couldn't agree with you more. It's teachers like you that we need the most.

12. gapeachkatie

gapeachkatie Elite Member

I will officially sound like a school now by saying ::: THAT IS SO TOTALLY COOL!!!

This is why we need to stop deforestation and try to explore more of the world to understand it and find more answers.

13. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Merlin, the photo of the teensy tiny blob on the edge of the penny shows the size of the microfrog just metamorphosed.

It's interesting that pitcher plants are carnivorous, like Venus fly traps. Iim surprised that the frogs aren't digested by the plant!!

SO COOL!

14. Frognut

Frognut Subscribed User Premium Member

Too Cute!! But they are not new - just a newly discovered species thought to be extinct. (unless I read it wrong). The original specimens were thought to be a juvenile of another larger species.

How cool - I love it when we find a critter we haven't killed off yet! :rolleyes:

My son was always hands on in nature - but usually with sticks, rocks and pinecones... never had to worry that whatever was in his pockets could be alive! :eek:

15. blueginger

blueginger Elite Member

I was amazed by the same thing, that they aren't digested!

16. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

That is simply amazing! The pic of the baby made me freak out!

17. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

This is so cool! Blows me aways when I learn about these types of things! It's is so cool that they have adapted to lay their eggs inside the pitcher plant and the tad poles swim around in there!
    Thanks Mike that was a great article:D

18. Ninjaguy1987

Ninjaguy1987 Elite Member

That's so freaking cool. Super neat. I can't believe a frog can be that tiny.