This Disappears When Logged In

Concerned Looking For Advice

Discussion in 'Boas' started by Eceukool, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Eceukool

Eceukool New Member

Hey everyone, i will get right into it,

Beginning of this month i bought myself a Dumerils Boa. I was away for a couple of days and asked someone i know who has corns to look after all my snakes. While i was away she said that the dumeril pooped a bit and she changed the substrate. When i got home to my horror i saw she had changed my aspen out with coconut husk, Which i dont have a problem if she had done it right. The whole box was fogged up and there was bad condensation on the lid. I immediately took Elektra out she was burrowed underneath all the wet substrate. Her throat? right behind the jaw hinge looked swollen a bit and she was spitting what i am assuming was mucus, it was clear. I thought great she has an RI. I cleaned her off and checked her mouth with a q-tip, her mouth was clear. but she kept on putting her head up and the tongue would hardly flick out. I cleaned her box and put down paper towel and gently put her back in. I then made a search for the next available reptile vet. I then went and checked on her, and its as if nothing happened. she is more active flicking her tongue all the way out no clicking no bubbles no mucus nothing! Its like nothing ever happened. I have been watching her non-stop since then and its been 7 hours since i pulled her out of the wet box and she seems to be perfectly fine now. Even the swelling behind her jaw is gone. Is this normal for RI's or did i just get incredibly lucky?
    Sorry for the long post, and thanks for any help anyone is able to give me.
    - Eceukool

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

If it was a few days that she was in the most conditions, then I highly doubt it was an RI. That would be like simulating a 2-3 day rain storm.
    Perhaps she ingested some of the husk and it got stuck? Not sure really.

Eceukool likes this.
  3. Eceukool

Eceukool New Member

Thank you for the reply, that may be possible she popped yesterday and today i found her in deep blue, so she seems to be back to normal. Cant tell you how relieved i am! thank you again for the reply.