This Disappears When Logged In

Coffee Table Setup

Discussion in 'Vivariums' started by Borjawil, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

I took an old coffee table cut the legs off and routered the top. Painted black and the pics I have are of it fryer the first coat of polyacrylic. Sorry for the bad pics, low lighting. I'll get a pic of it when I have it finished and the glass is in it.

Attached Files:

2. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

What's it for?

3. justor

justor Elite Member

Cool idea, what's going to be living in it? Is it going to have lights on top or what?

4. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

I too, an curious as to what its going top be living in it.

5. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Looks nice. As the others were saying, what is going to be living in it?

6. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

Hmm we'll mow I'm not sure i should ruin the mystery of it! I will have holes drilled in the bottom flexwatt over the drilled portion and then tile the floor of it. As far as lighting I will probably install a tube light inside.

A ball python will be residing in it

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Is it a snake or gecko?

8. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

However, I may changed that in the next couple months once I get my other enclosures built.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

That will be cool.

10. lopez82

lopez82 Elite Member

That does look quite cool!

11. PetMother

PetMother Elite Member

Oh my goodness, that is a creative idea! I would't have thought of that.

12. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

Well here are some pics with the glass in it. Not perfect, but a few touch ups and it'll look a bit better. Enjoy! I'm currently working on a custom "rock" hide made out of foam and grout for the table. Working on a waterfall for another enclosure as well.

Attached Files:

13. MicahC

MicahC Elite Member

Looking good!

14. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

Just realized two of the pics are upside down. Every time I try flipping my iPad over the screen turns...grrr

15. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

It's fine if the screen turns the important part is that the software will know which way it goes.

Now as far as the table. Is it big enough for an adult? I don't know so I am just curious.

16. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

It's 16w39l18h. Not huge but will work for a smaller bp. I am building to other enclosures from melamine that will be 24w48l16h. Those will be for my larger bps

17. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Instead of melamine, I woud suggest plywood. Melamine, inside its fancy coating, is simply sawdust and glue. As soon as there is a nick or other damage to the plastic surface where moisture can get in it will turn to mush.

18. Borjawil

Borjawil Member

Already got the melamine, not quite sure how I'd nick it but ill keep it in mind.