This Disappears When Logged In

Clumsy?

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by Alexis hawkins, Jun 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alexis hawkins

Alexis hawkins Active Member

Are baby boas clumsy and just fall sometimes?

My common is about a year old, some times he seems to lose balance, and thrash a little to regain grip. He is not very fluid in a lot of its motion, and I have to watch him and help him as he moves, he frequently has to stop and squeeze hard and squirm to adjust like he almost lost balance. Are the adults the same way or does he just need more practice, and will he be more fluid as an adult?

2. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

This is normal for young snakes, especially boas. Clumsiness will go away as they get older and they get better at holding on. He may also be trying to get away, and sometimes they do a desperate wiggle to get out of your grip.
    But to be safe you should post up the species and your temps and humidity. And maybe a couple pics wouldn't hurt!

3. Alexis hawkins

Species is BCI. Humid. 97%, ambient temperature 82.6, hot spot 93.6

Attached Files:

4. Alexis hawkins

I don't know how accurate the hydrometer is thought, if you know of a more accurate brand

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

He looks beautiful. Everything seems good to me; almost about to outgrow the enclosure though. I would say you are fine and this is normal young boa behavior.