This Disappears When Logged In

Clark the Golden Gecko

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by bowsertime, Jun 22, 2011.

1. bowsertime

bowsertime Elite Member

I was looking a big branch to take home from the pet store, but they're so overpriced that I decided to leave with my $200+ bill and maybe return later once things are all settled with the Clarkster.

How tall would you recommend? Can you show me what you use if possible? In the Rubbermaid tote my crix are chilling in, they're climbing up the walls every now and then and I always worry they'll jump out when I remove the lid. Why don't they climb up the sides of your vase?

Yeah, I'm looking for poos that are similar to my leo's... white/brown, with a bigger brown than white piece. I haven't seen any since I got him. :/ Just brown stains on his climbing wall and the occasional stray urate in his substrate.

2. LovetheBaruu

LovetheBaruu Subscribed User Premium Member

Could be parasites. I really like the glass vase; it is deep and smooth, I also use an empty yogurt container (large size) and the large crickets I buy are more of a medium- so not great jumpers or climbers and the glass makes it impossible. I will take some photos tomorrow. You can use bamboo posts for cross branches- 12 for under $3 at Walmart in the garden section- just 1/10 bleach / water and rinse.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

or find something outside, and do the same bleach treatment.

4. bowsertime

bowsertime Elite Member

I don't think he has parasites... just not the food his previous owner fed him since January - crickets, crickets, and more crickets. He's been wandering around at night and sometimes during the day, like he's looking for stray crix, but there are only supers in his dish waiting for him. She said he's been eating steadily, but that she hadn't had much time to feed him lately and he'd been getting only about 2-3 crix every night or two. She was concerned for his weight, but he definitely looks chubby to me. As a rule, I like to get a fecal run on every newbie I bring in, but he just hasn't given me anything to work with.

When you say cross branch, do you mean like a branch that runs across the tank?
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for something he might enjoy.

5. bowsertime

bowsertime Elite Member

So, Clark now has a large glass flower vase in his enclosure... he has yet to touch it or even go near it. There are two medium-sized crickets in there, one small rock to keep it weighed down, and a bedding of calcium w/ D3 at the bottom so the crix can dust themselves while they're in there. Hopefully he discovers it in the next few days!

6. bowsertime

bowsertime Elite Member

Well, the vase didn't work out. He couldn't figure it out, so I caved and just let the crix run loose in his tank. He's been making very short work of them and is now running around all day like he's on some demented Easter egg hunt. When he gets sprayed, he tries to bite the water... then licks, licks, and licks. Looks like a happy boy. :)

7. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

sounds like he is doing great:)