This Disappears When Logged In

Chocolate Pacman

Discussion in 'Amphibian - General' started by gerardia1, Oct 12, 2012.

1. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

Someone please tell me where these are available or if you have any or know a breeder im looking to get a pair of these cute lil guys for my son. I can find the ornates rather easily but i rarely see chocolate... please help!

2. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

You could try a reptile show!

3. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

the only thing is i live in CT and they rarely come through here :( is there any sites that lists towns and cities with dates?

4. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

5. justor

justor Elite Member

6. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

thanks guys but not a single show in Ct even into 2013.I dnno whatsup with this state. I guess ill have to go to the ones in NY. Even the pet shops suck here. I just want a **** chocolate pacman lol i swear ill treat it right

7. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

It would be worth the drive! To get a cheaper healthier animal :) Hope you get one!! Or two or three ;)

8. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

i agree. Something about them just makes me want a whole army of them lol i want something my son can play with but right now i only have a Brazilian rainbow Boa and i dont trust it enough to let him touch it

9. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

If you want a "playful pet" I wouldn't get a pacman though you still can! But they bite anything that moves thinking its food.

10. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

If you want I can offer a few types of herps who can be handled and "played" with.

11. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Bearded dragons are a really good starter reptile.

12. Qwerty3159

Qwerty3159 Elite Member

And so are leopard geckos!:D

13. skelly98

skelly98 Elite Member

hey, you guys forgetting cresties? no bugs need to be fed to them, and they are really nice :D

14. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

Off those totally slipped my mind!

15. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

What do you have in mind. I've always loved geckos. I heard you have to be careful handling them tho. What di you have in mind Pharoahound¿¿

16. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

For a starter if you want a more "sturdy" (sturdy being not agressive and skittish) loving pet for a long time a bearded dragon will be great! If of course you're willing to invest a little money for its enclosure, lights ect. and that would pay off tons in the end by having a great family pet for years and years! Geckos are a cheaper option and there's nothing wrong with being careful! Geckos are great little guys and if you are just gentle while holding them (you shouldn't be rough with any animal) they are great! But it's all up to you ad depending how younge your son is-but you could teach him easily how to be gentle and hold any animal correct I'm sure!

17. Pharoahound

Pharoahound Elite Member

18. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I believe you said your son was 3? If so look at an adult or almost adult bearded dragon. They are much better at being held. Generally they won't jump, run, bite, or tail whip and will be much more tolerant of a 3 year olds not so dextrous clutches. When he reaches about 5 years then would be a good choice for a leopard gecko. Also bearded dragons have some small spikes and look more like a dinosaur which delights most little kids.
    I just think right now a Leo would be too delicate and they are nocturnal so they won't be as active during the day.

19. gerardia1

gerardia1 Member

How big do they get though? I don.t have to much room for another big tank but the point you made about the dinosaur is so true. Didn't even think about that lol He would flip out

20. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

They get about 2ft and would need an enclosure that is 4x2x2 approximately. If you want something smaller you can get a rankins dragon they are a little more expensive but only get 1ft and would do fine in a 20-30g long I think. A rankins is a mini bearded dragon so would still look like a dinosaur just even smaller. I think genko is the user on here that just got one.