This Disappears When Logged In

Chinese Water Dragon, Need Some Feedback

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Hybris, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hybris

Hybris New Member

A Chinese Water Dragon moved in with me 8 days ago (27 May), according to the seller he/she is 8-9 months old.

The seller said I should feed him every second day, 5-6 crickets for every meal.
    He ate 3 crickets two days after his arrival, and two days after that he ate 2 crickets. (I powder with vitamins and calcium+D). Since then he has no interest in eating and he has not eaten for 4 days now. De drinks (licks water) and poops, the last two days he doesn't poop very much though.

I have tried feeding him zophobas and mealworms as well, but he/she won't eat that.

I believe the temperature is good, he has 95 F in the air, 107.6 F under spot and 77 F in a chiller part. (I live in Sweden and has tried converting the temperatures to Farenheit, so I'm not very sure the conversions are correct...). Humidity is on 70-80%.

He has two UV-lights about 20-30 cm from his favourite place, and I've let him settle in the new home, I havn't handled him much and he is quite undisturbed.

I am a bit worried about my little lizard, and hope that anyone has some advice.
    I know settling in can take some time and it might affect the appetite, but how long before he should eat? I think it sounds very little with 5 crickets for a week?

It is my first lizard and I don't have much to compare to, but I am afraid he is getting very skinny? I post a couple of photos so you can see.

I hope anyone has some advice.

hugs
    Maria and the water dragon named Gecko

gecko2.jpg

gecko1.jpg

gecko3.jpg

2. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, can you show the whole enclosure including a top view, and say what type of thermometer/hygrometer you use to measure the temps and humidity? Thanks!