This Disappears When Logged In

Chat Notification

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by schlegelbagel, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

can we have somewhere on the board an indication if people are in the chat? that way if you are browsing the boards and see that people are chatting, you might want to join in. I'm not talking on the home page, I'm talking like a header or something so it shows up on most, if not all pages.

:)

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Are people still chatting? Every time I have a chance to, I'm all by myself.:(
    I never seem to see anyone in there anymore. Could just be me though. People seem to avoid me. I know I seem smart and unreachable but really I'm just like y'all.:p

3. schlegelbagel

we are chatting right now. Even MERLIN is chatting!

4. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

LIZ! You set me up! I just went to the chat room and no one was there!!! Nothing like being ditched in a chat! ;)

5. kcftlaud08

kcftlaud08 Elite Member

I know I'm only a Jr. member, but I have tried to go into the "Chat Room" and don't have rights. I would much rather have real time conversations. Did I do something wrong in registration?

6. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Only users with "x" amount of posts or subscribed can get in there. It helps prevent users from signing up and spamming the chat.

7. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

WOW even merlin!!?!?!?!?

8. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Let it be known that Liz lures people into the chatroom with promises of cupcakes and then she doesn't share.

9. Lucysfriend

Lucysfriend Elite Member

chatting?? who's chatting?? Even Merlin??!!
    everytime I am here it says no ones chatting!
    LOL

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL I only popped in for a bit once I saw people there.
    Liz hogged the cupcake so I left!:p

11. schlegelbagel

and it was worth every crumb.

12. Rich

You know what the problem is? No one goes IN the chat. lol Think about it. If I look and see no one in there, I don't go in. Most, if not all of us do that. But if one of us doesn't go in there first, and just hangs in there for a few, no one will ever be in there to make others jump in. lol

I was asked to create a universal chat indicitor on the site that shows the users in the chat somewhere in the header. I will never add that as it isn't really header information. I may add a simple location though that simply states if anyone is in the chat. It won't show names or any of the fancy stuff. Just a "green light" saying the chat is actively being used. That won't be done today, but I may consider adding something like that.

13. schlegelbagel

oooh, green light is good. I don't care to know who is in the chat, just that soemone is in it. And it could be a footer instead. That's always an option.

I usually open it in a window and let it sit for a bit. Sometimes people come in, sometimes they don't.

14. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yeah I sit in there and talk to myself alot....it gets lonely being in there at 11pm PST, everyone else is crashed out.
    On occasion I wander in because someone is in there and they are really off doing laundry or something because tyhey never notice me.

15. Rich

Ok, I went ahead and added a chat count to the navbar, which is displayed everywhere. Now you and everyone else will know how many users are in chat at any given time. :)

16. schlegelbagel

Thanks Rich. :)

17. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

how do i get into the chat?i dont remember my pw -.-

18. Rich

I don't know your password either. You can reset your password though in the control panel.

19. vegasandbecca

vegasandbecca Elite Member

I just tried to get into chat because of all the talk about it, and was informed that my pw or username was invalid. So, I go ahead and put in a request for a new pw, everything goes through, I sign into HC itself and then try the chat again, and I still get the invalid user/pw pop-up...

20. 904cresteds

904cresteds Elite Member

rich your supose to be god of the forums!!your supose to know everything!! lol just kidding i figured it out :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.