This Disappears When Logged In

Chameleon Cages - Pics Please

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by TitoAndKatt, Dec 7, 2010.

1. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I have a solution for that, possibly. If you hold the camera button halfway down, it should eliminate a large part of the delay when you finally push the shutter the whole way. Most digital cameras work this way.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes but that assumes that I am coordinated enough to hold the camera in one hand with the shutter button partially depressed, while at the same time trying to keep him and my other hand in the frame while holding onto a struggling dubia waiting for the moment without dropping it!:">
    I have even tried using the continuous shooting mode. The little varmit still gets the bug in between frames!:(((
    I have got a pic or two that way of him squishing roach juice out of his mouth though!:-&

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Does your camera shoot videos, that may be a way to do it!

I was just searching the web and found this really interesting. It about how fast a Chameleons tongue really is, Its too cool.

4. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

Several things:

First: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! at the roach juice and description of trying to take pictures of your quick-tongued little dude.

Second: I have another idea. I could come down for a visit, meet Oscar in person, and take lots of pictures while you hold roaches! ;):p That way there are tongue-action photos (no innuendo intended) and I get out of the freezing Chicago weather! Teehee.

Last: Knowing all you've said about the Grouch just makes me want a chamy even more! If you ever get tired of your little guy...

Edit: My mom almost got one of these guys last year as a classroom pet. We opted for a beardie though, and I think that was a better choice, given the care requirements for chameleons.

5. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

He is beautiful! :) How is your door connected to the main part of the cage?

6. Merlin

Its just wired on.

7. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Ah ok. Thanks! Sorry if I missed it, but what are the cage dimensions? Diameter and height I guess. lol

8. Merlin

Its approx 24 tall x 15 wide. Of course this is only temporary while he is growing. The adult cage wil be somewhere in the neighborhood of 24x48 tall.

9. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Cool, thanks! :) I am jealous - he is gorgeous. :)