This Disappears When Logged In

Chameleon Cages - Pics Please

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by TitoAndKatt, Dec 7, 2010.

1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Ever since I was a kid I have wanted a Chameleon. Then I learned they can't be handled much and thought that was boring. Now, with my busy lifestyle and all my pets who do need attention, I think that is perfect! ;) haha While I don't forsee a chameleon being in my near future, I would like one at some point. Anyways, I was just scrounging around and noticed that there are almost NO pictures of chameleon enclosures around here! (And none in the enclosure section - at least that I could find). Anyways, I want to see what you all have for your chams.
    Sooo....Pictures Please!!!! :D ;)

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yeah, post the lovely lady some pictures in this thread!
    (This is also a great way to get some pictures for the enclosure section since there aren't any. lol)

3. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

these are pictures of my Male Panther chameleon and cage

Attached Files:

4. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Please feel free to use them Rich
    These are of the females cage, she came to me egg bound and had severe metabolic bone disease.

Attached Files:

5. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

I second that request for pics! Love those of your beautiful ones, missa. Do you still have either of them?

I met a chamy at a herp expo who was very friendly. He shook my hand with his little foot! (okay, he put his foot on my finger and I moved it up and down)

6. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

Thanks :) Sadly the female passed away due to her irreversible condition 8 mths. after I got her. The male passed away 6 mths. after his female passed. Broke my heart the poor little guy just stopped eating one day. I have both enclosures stored away, just in case I come across another I cannot turn down ;)

7. hennisntacanibal

Oh man. They were so beautiful. I'm sure you gave them great homes and improved their quality of life.

I want to see some pics of Merlin's little dude!

8. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

I'll have to second that request! He's such a little cutie!

9. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

OK OK! LOL! I will have to get some new pics of him. But it may be a few days.
    All the Christmas parties and shopping are taking up waaaaaaaay too much time.

10. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

A few days?! :O It has already been a few days! How exactly do you think we are going to survive that long without fresh pictures? ;) :D :-" haha ok ok I guess we can wait! ;)

C'mon anyone else? I know there are more people out there with chams!

11. Merlin

Nag, nag, nag! You'd think you were my wife! LOL! ;)
    Guess I need to plan a photo shoot.:">
    It's going to be bitter cold here for the next few days so I will see what I can come up with!:D

12. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hey! I am just voicing what everyone else thinks! ;) hahaha :p

13. Merlin

Spoooooo as requested! Oscar! LOL
    The cage
    DSCF2166.jpg
    DSCF2196.jpg DSCF2169.jpg
    DSCF2176.jpg DSCF2190.jpg DSCF2182.jpg DSCF2188.jpg DSCF2177.jpg

Attached Files:

14. missabrat

missabrat Elite Member

I LOVE Oscar, he is so handsome!! ok now I want another!

15. mld

Wow, I can't believe how big he's got! I just love Oscar the grouch! So is he living up to his name? He just so cute, thanks so much for posting a picture of the little one.

16. Merlin

He's not too bad. A couple of times he has gaped and hissed at me when I put my hand into the cage, but once outside he is fine.
    Of course the fact that he is used to me feeding him out of my hand helps too.
    He is feeding on mealworms and dubias. And readily takes his greens from my fingers as well.

17. mld

I guess that his cage is his territory, and he lets you know if your allowed in or not. So what does it sound like when he hisses?

18. Merlin

Just a light hisssssss sound. Just like a small snake would do.

19. hennisntacanibal

Oh man, I love him! He's so adorable!!! That last picture of him staring straight ahead is the greatest thing ever.

20. Merlin

I've grown pretty fond of him myself! I have been trying to catch a picture of him with his tongue out grabbing a bug but the darn delay on my digital camera is just too slow!