This Disappears When Logged In

Captive Hatched AFT Update...

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Jflores, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Well I was taking some pictures of my AFT's for their records books, and I decided to share my captive hatched AFT's pictures.. Please note the crazy cuteness and the interesting coloration...

Before Pic

DSC01844.jpg

Today's Pic (please excuse the wet paper, stll trying to figure that one out)

DSC01889.jpg
    DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01886.jpg
    DSC01885.jpg

Attached Files:

2. SidCat

SidCat Well-Known Member

he's adorable!

3. backwoodsgecko

backwoodsgecko Elite Member

Very nice hatchling! She/he is adorable.

4. SixToedFreak

SixToedFreak Well-Known Member

How adorable. I love their eyes and how they always look like they are smiling :D

5. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

Sweet pictures, I just love the third photo, how cute is that! :x

So are you putting some fresh blood into your breeding, I'm assuming the parents are wild caught?

6. mshrmheadcharge

mshrmheadcharge Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Those eyes! S/he is beautiful!

7. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

Thanks everyone, This little one has truly surprised me in many ways.....

Michele, you are correct both of this little ones parents were wild caught, but neither one of them showed the coloration this little one has... I am really excited to see how it's pattern develops...As for breeding, I'm currently working on a albino patternless project, so chances are I will probably keep him/her as a pet only unless Dee or I find something really crazy looking...

I think the best part of these pictures are it's Huge Eyes...

8. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Not to many AFT around, but they are nice looking. I am thinking about getting one myself.

9. Jflores

Jflores Elite Member

They are amazing little geckos, with huge personalities, this little one is very social and will come out into the open if it feels it's tub moving.. other than that he/she spends most of the time sleeping....The only real problem I have with AFT's are their diet "CRICKETS"....

10. Seandeezy

Seandeezy Elite Member

I really do like the third picture, so cute. Yeah I've definitely noticed my AFTs having a big personality compared to my friends Leopard geckos. I love my geckos. I don't really mind the whole cricket thing, wish they enjoyed worms, but I can't get them to eat any.

11. hennisntacanibal

hennisntacanibal Elite Member

It always amazes me how much their colors change as they grow. And those eyes just get me. Big "aww!" moment there.