This Disappears When Logged In

Can You....

Discussion in 'Corn Snakes' started by Khelmoria, Jun 10, 2013.

1. TheSmench

TheSmench Elite Member

Why I don't agree to feeding cats only because we don't know the nutritional value. If we did I wouldn't see a problem. To me what is worse a cat being feed to another animal or the millions of cats killed in shelters along with dogs. Owning snakes and reptiles in general already have a stigmata. I feed chicks rats mics etc.. to my monitors and an ex girlfriend hated it and said it was so cruel (even through the were prey killed). Even after explaining that they are carnivores and what else can i feed it. Snakes will always carry a fear in the eyes of most people regardless of what they are being fed. I understand telling people you are feeding cats to the general public will most likely end with a bad experience. The bands on large reptiles has much more to do with then what you are feeding it. again feeding cats to me isn't a good idea because of nutritional value but if people do it its there reason not mine and would not look down on them for doing so if they had a valid reason. Not just for the sake of doing it. two days ago a stray cat came into contact with my two labs. My male has always hated cats and he treed it and by the time i got to them he had killed it an was devouring it. I didn't stop him because it was way to late. This is an example of an animal eating cat in a natural way. I don't feed him cats but I didn't lose a wink of sleep over it.

2. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

Astartes chapter Ultramarines. and you?

3. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

I hear where everyone is coming from but I refuse to smile and nod when it comes to these issues.
    I do not eat flesh of any sort, so when the sheeple want to tell about how cruel I am with my pre-killed snake food, I kindly remind them of the horrors of factory farming.

I do not think most animals should be kept as pets PERIOD. I have a snake because I can provide for her better than the pet store. If it became illegal to keep snakes I would be okay with it since I am pretty sure my snakey would prefer to live on her own terms.

4. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

Unless you're looking for a monster, I would suggest a Central American or Insular Boa (BCI)..
    Generally growing between 5 & 6 feet.. My female C.A. is 5' 7", and fully grown. She is tamer than my dog..

Check out the Hogg Island, Pearl Island, Corn Island, Sonoran, Leopard, Nicaraguan, Central American, or Crawl Cay Boas.. All are Dwarf Red Tails...

Hope this helps..

5. diehardislanders

diehardislanders Elite Member

This is what I was going to suggest^^^^ there are some awesome smaller boas out there. You can even add Rosy boas and sand boas to that list, although they are different.

6. VaranusDragon74

VaranusDragon74 Active Member

Yeah, but you can't belly dance, with a rosy, sand, viper, amazon tree, or rough scaled boa... unless you're a homunculus !!

7. TheSmench

TheSmench Elite Member

Or immune to venom haha

8. Khelmoria

Khelmoria Elite Member

did not know they were venomous...thanks

9. justor

justor Elite Member

I believe he was referring to the viper boa lol. A small non-venomous boa that looks like a viper.