I just went to a local reptile store and help a baby corn snake. It was amazing, I asked them to hold it for a few days. I wanted to go to the local expo to see what they carry and their prices first. I have questions about salmonella. Okay after I held it, we went to a gas station to get gas, and there was antibacterial soap by the gas pump. I know you should wash your hands after handling reptiles. I know if I get salmonella, as I am a typical healthy adult, I will just have food poisoning symptons for maybe 3-7 days. It suck, but isn't deadly to me. The big thing is I have my young nephews and neice visit 3-4 days a week. So I need to know everything on how to avoid getting them sick. I obviously won't let them handle or touch the snake. I see people have their snake go up their arm, or around there neck. Can't I get sick if I scratch my neck where it was then scratch my eye or whatever? The baby snake was crawling on my sweatshirt, do I have to wash that before wrestling with my nephews and I can't hold my baby niece? I know people say don't get paranoid about it, but I don't want to get my nephews and niece sick. What if I put my snake on my bed, would salmonella be on there, so my nephews can't go on my bed or I have to wash sheets right away. I really need help on this asap. Tell me everything you can. I can't find the answers I'm looking for. (After handling the snake, I went home to get rid of my sweatshirt, washed my hands, then went over to hold my niece. Am I overreacting?) Thanks.