This Disappears When Logged In

Can Savs be housed together?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by esbat, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esbat

esbat Reptile Rescue Premium Member

Can 2 male Savs live together? They are 20" long and 3' long.

2. chris7033

chris7033 Elite Member

I would not home a monitor with another.The size diffrence of the 2 is far to much. You may get away with 2 females together if you were 100% certain they were female. Males will just fight.. they will need a very large enclosure if you do keep them together. There are many problems which may accure such as feeding. huh the 20 long may even mistake the 3 long as food and would not take long for it to gobble it down :p

3. esbat

Thanks Chris. That's what I thought but haven't been able to find any written info on this.

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Running out of space in the rescue Val? Maybe you should smuggle Fluffy across the border to come stay with me....I could hide him in my closet. :D

5. esbat

LOL Lacey. Sorry, Fluffy is here to stay. A guy with a Sav is interested in the one I have, neither of us thought they could be put together but thought I'd ask anyway. He's looking into building a second enclosure. And yea, we're full again...with Iguanas!

6. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

Yikes, no more iguanas for me, you amaze me by being able to put up with so many green devils :)

7. esbat

I love them and their quirks. I have 4 right now and one coming tomorrow, one on the weekend, one going out next week and another coming when he's gone :O

You're right...what have I done???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.