This Disappears When Logged In

Call Me Crazy!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by GumDrops, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

Hey, everyone! I took a long hiatus (nearly 3-4 monthes!), but after I got into a fight with a strange BD owner on my other forum, I've decided you guys know enough about Bearded Dragons to help me along.

Anyways, I've got my 20 gallon long tank set up, awaiting a ReptiSun 10.0 and a beardie. I've also got to order some Phoenix worms and crickets and I'm set. Anyways, while I was shopping, getting all my items at Petsmart, I decided to check out the dragon's tank. It's about the size of a 5 gallon, and there was a 3-4" beardie and a 2-3" beardie, both in the cage. They were on repti-carpet with crickets that were waaaaaay to big for the littlest guy. They had a food dish full of dryed out veggies, and a water bowl. Their lighting sucked, too.

I've been looking around. The breeder I originally planned to buy from never answered my email, and so I decided I would check the petstore.

I consider this a rescue mission, xDDD. Anyways, I plan on getting him or her this week. I'm excited!

2. venus

venus Founding Member

Ok, You're CRAZY, lol. j/k.

What size is the one you are getting? A 20 gallon will not last them very long.

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Marsha is correct. That size tank will be too small within 3-4 months.

4. Ashuresque

Ashuresque Elite Member

Good luck. :) My beardie loves phoenix worms, I just wish they were bigger and less expensive...

5. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

I know Venus and Kenman. I plan on buying a 40 gallon breeder when ever I notice that the enclosure is too small. But I'll have a little extra time seeing as the baby I'm looking into getting is about 2-3" long, max.

6. venus

venus Founding Member

Not as much time as you think. They can grow at a fast rate of speed and once they hit 8 inch or more they need to be moved :)

7. GumDrops

GumDrops Active Member

Okay, thanks Venus. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.