This Disappears When Logged In

Cage Size

Discussion in 'General Construction' started by jshrad, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

I know I already have another thread about cage size but this one is for another type of Iggy.

What size enclosure would an adult spiny tailed ig need? I know they get quite a bit smaller than green iguanas so would they need a cage that is quite a bit smaller? Maybe a 3x3x6 or would he need bigger?

Thanks.

2. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

I do believe it is Dom who has a spiny tailed iguana, i'm not sure of the caging reqs though. I'm sure someone will have the answer though!

3. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Yes, I saw some pics of Dom's iggy. Now I am looking for some answers to this question. ;)

4. empoyner

empoyner Established Member

I don't believe you need that big of a cage. I recently seen a Spiny Tailed Iguana in it's setup. It is not supposed to get much bigger than it is now. It was approximately 3-3.5'Lx2'DX3'H placed on a stand. It had 1 climbing branch and a black tube thingy that it liked staying in. This is a very rough estimate. I'm not too great at estimating sizes. I'm the type I have to actually measure. But I know it was smaller than the cat cage I had for Huff.

5. Mark

Mark Elite Member

The other thing is that type of ig -- the spiny-tail -- are notoriously bitey animals and don't want interaction with about any other animal. If I were thinking about getting that size of insect eating brown lizard I would go with a beardie. There is much more info and help available for the BD and they are more readily available in the pet trade.

Even with 10 years experience dealing with an adult male ig and his aggression I would not get a spiny-tail.

6. jshrad

jshrad Elite Member

Hello,

I am aware that spiny tails are aggressive. I am more than certain that I could care for it as I have cared for adult nile monitors before and Im sure it won't be that aggressive or stubborn.

Thanks for the tips though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.