This Disappears When Logged In

Buying Boa Online

Discussion in 'Common/Red Tail Boa' started by BoaBoyKD, Mar 19, 2014.

1. BoaBoyKD

BoaBoyKD Active Member

Does anybody know where I can find any decent priced boa constrictors online? I'm in Cleveland Ohio and its hard to find them here. All of the pet stores **** near double the prices on all the reptiles that they do have. Online stores or personal breeders would be good.

2. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

I'll be honest with you and say that I am not very enthusiastic about buying online. There are a lot of good breeders online but a lot of sketchy breeders and scammers. All of my purchases have been from local breeders so far and that's the only way I plan to buy in the future.

I bought one snake online in January and I was scammed out of $400. Kind of ruined the entire experience for me because I was already skeptical.

I'm not trying to discourage you but be sure to be careful if you buy online. Look around for local breeders, too. Maybe they will have something you like?

3. BoaBoyKD

BoaBoyKD Active Member

What website was it that scammed you? I checked this site out www.boabasement.com and come to find out he's only about 15 min away from my house. So luckily I can just go there to purchase my boa. He's not the cheapest on the net but the quality in his boas is superb...

4. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

people have mixed experiences and opinions about this site but look into backwaterreptile .com or another I have delt with was lllreptile.com....

5. EriksExotics

I will message you that info.

6. EriksExotics

NEVER BUY FROM BACK WATER REPTILES

They extremely cheap because the majority of their animals are sick/dying, etc.

7. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

that's why I said and warned him a lot of people have had bad experiences, but I got two leos from them wit no issues.....

8. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Ther is a monthly show in the Cleveland area, never been there but you should probably check it out. Tried to post a link but this tablet is being screwy right now.