This Disappears When Logged In

Burm Care

Discussion in 'Burmese Pythons' started by trever, Feb 15, 2014.

1. trever

trever Member

I have a female albino burm I just got it has scail rot im wondering the bast way to treat that and what should her temps and humidity be at and what is the lighting I should use for her

2. CourtneyAnn

CourtneyAnn Elite Member

I am not a burmese python expert and I don't want to come across as rude. However, based on your other questions you do not seem to have a lot of experience in reptiles, so I would caution you into re-homing this burm if you can. I do not want to be mean or anything, but /very/ large snakes are more of an advanced herp. I just don't want you getting hurt or anything. Now that being said, if you /do/ have experience I'm sorry for assuming otherwise. So to be helpful, in case you do decide to keep her, or if you do have more experience than it seems; what I do know about burms is that they grow fast and need very large enclosures as adults. As far as treating the scale rot, a vet visit couldn't hurt in order to make sure there are no infections, to be on the safe side. Hopefully someone more experienced in burms will be by to help more, it doesn't appear that there is a careguide on this site unfortunately. However proper humidity, temps, and a clean enclosure are usually step one in curing scale rot (paper towels for substrate), to make sure it doesn't get any worse. If it is /bad/ she will need to see a vet (which I highly suggest) as stated earlier. I would start there.

Anyway, I hope someone else more experienced is by soon to help!

3. EriksExotics

EriksExotics Elite Member

Best way to treat it is to give it to a rescue.
    I'm going to be straight up for a moment here...
    You have a ton of posts open asking how to care for animals you already own and I do not think it's a good idea for you to keep a large Constrictor... You should definitely give it to someone qualified because you aren't even doing research before you're buying animals.