This Disappears When Logged In

Building stuff?

Discussion in 'General' started by Microscope Jockey, Nov 20, 2004.

?

Have you ever built an enclosure for your herps?

1. Yes!

74 vote(s)
    60.2%
  2. No, I'm not that talented

14 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. No, I prefer to buy them

8 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Yes, I've got one in progress

20 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. No, but I've made other herp stuff

7 vote(s)
    5.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moldypotato

Moldypotato Elite Member

Tomorrow I am going to be starting on building a 4 foot long 3 foot wide wooden tank for my bearded dragon.

2. smallgrayfox

smallgrayfox Contributing Member

I haven't, but I'd love to try someday!

3. iturnrocks

iturnrocks Elite Member

Over the time I had my Burmese python, I built 3 different enclosures. Total $ spent on parts exceeded $1000.00. The last cage was 8 feet long, 4 feet high, 30 inches with with 2 levels. It was on wheels, had a slanted floor with drain, and could be broken in 2 pieces for moving.

Most recently I built my own filter, stand, and canopy hood for my 120 gallon turtle tank. Total cost about $250.00

4. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

I'm almost finished building a new snake terrarium. It is about 4ft x 2ft x 2.5ft. I'm just waiting for the sliding door tracks to arrive. I'll take some pics and post them here soon.

5. jacky

jacky Moderated Status

I build all my enclosures myself.I just started on my new corn snake enclosure.
    All the walls are made with styrofoam, with sliding glass doors.
    As soon as I can buy that camera,I'll send some pics! Promise!

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

7. Manhirwen

Manhirwen Elite Member

I want to build an enclosure for my water dragons badly but I'm lacking in ideas, anyone have any? PM me.

8. HerpboyNY

HerpboyNY Elite Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hmm....Guess I missed this one. I love showing off my customs. so here they are

9. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

I build all my adult emerald enclosures from scratch out of acrylic. We modify all purchased sub-adult, juvie and neo caging. I built all our Daytona displays for the two years we have had a table. Lot's of fun if you have the time.

Craig

10. Fran

Fran Veteran Member

I had to vote yes. Not only because I am on a limited income but I have been doing it that way for so many years that I enjoy doing it and it keeps me occupied.;)

11. angel

angel Elite Member

I would really like to build something, but am soooo untalented. I want a custom enclosure for my uro cuz I plan to get another one and try to breed them. I know there is very little success with that, but would like to give it a go. Any suggestions on a website or store for custom desert terrariums would be appreciated (hint hint) lol.

12. allie&shadwell

allie&shadwell Elite Member

When I say that I have one 'in progress' we are most definitely talking mental progress. I want a summer cage for Shadwell in which I can take him outdoors in the summer - obviously I cannot take him out in his glass terrarium or he will be lizard a la king in 5 minutes. I have many plans and ideas.....

Did you know that Edward VII of England [the one who abdicated for the woman he loved] was the king for whom chicken a la king was invented?

Allie. Reliable source of trivia. Lousy knowledge of herpetology. :D

13. jmherp

jmherp Elite Member

We have built a custom built dragon enclosure....

[​IMG]

14. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

I would love to be able to build my own enclosures but God did not grace me with the ability to do this. LOL So I just sit and gaze at all of the other folks that can do that and can do it very well.

Debbie Miss Zak and Bam-Bam

15. Dogboa

Dogboa Elite Member

I build all of our acrylic, adult enclosures. Both singles and breeders.

Breeder
    [​IMG]

Some day I will complete my step by step, illustrated tutorial! But don't hold your breath. LOL

Craig

16. Scaley Fetish

Scaley Fetish Elite Member

built by loving hands, none but the best for my babies. Check it out.

Attached Files:

17. IGGYOWNER

IGGYOWNER Elite Member

I am working on a 4' wide by 4' deep by 6' high enclosure for my iguana right now. i will post pics as soon as i am done!

18. MissRissa74

MissRissa74 Active Member

Not yet...

We haven't yet, but my fiance and I plan to build on for our water dragon when she gets a lil bigger...she's just a baby right now!!!:p

19. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

This will hold froggies soon.
    [​IMG]

20. meki

meki Elite Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.