This Disappears When Logged In

Buddies

Discussion in 'Green Iguanas' started by captkidd, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captkidd

captkidd Member

okay where are all the Iqauna lovers?? I know you are here. I am owned by one iggy named Louie and as soon as I get pics small enough to go on here I will post some pics of the handsome fellow. [​IMG] This is my baby boy :)

2. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi Capt!

I'm here and you know how much I love Green Iguanas. :D

Glad to see you here.

Hope Louie is doing well. I'm planning on attending (and working, LOL) the May 1st show in NC. I'll be there with other "friends, green and human alike, maybe we could actually meet! Let me know your weekend schedule.

3. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

NOT To WORRY

Iguana person is here....I have my 5 darlings and will be posting pics soon
    Lyn

4. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

where is the may 1st show in N.C. ???

5. captkidd

captkidd Member

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hi Capt! I am owned (possessed might be more like it) by a 3 year old female named Zok, after an old cartoon dragon from the 70's.

7. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

I'm here too! With Napoleon ...

[​IMG]

My 11 year old owner. :) :rolleyes:

8. captkidd

captkidd Member

OMG!!! He is a big fellow!! He needs a bigger bowl! How big is he? Have you had him since he was alittle guy? He is gorgous, very nice pic.

9. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

LOL yeah he's a big boy but not as large as some. He's about 5' 6" and weighs 14lb. I've had him since '96. Napoleons story can be found at the link above, as well as several more pics. :)

He was a rescue- a pet store gave him to me after he was turned in by the humane society. His upper back has a curve in it from a former very bad case of MBD (before we got him) as are his toes, and his right back leg doesn't fully stretch out- some muscle damage or something ... he came to us in very bad shape- covered in abcesses, weighing only 300 grams (that's just over 1/2 a lb) and was 30" long ... so given his size he probably should have weighed about 5 or 6 lb when we got him. We think he was about 2.5 to 3 years old when we got him because he was fully sexually mature. So ... we think he's about 11 years old.

He's a great ig. Fully of personality, very tame, very smart and has really only had one bad (ie aggressive) breeding period in the time we got him. I think he must have had a very bad first couple of years and now he knows he's got a good thing going.

Louie is a very nice looking iguana- very nice colours. :)

10. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

Hi tricia-

Napoleon is a wonderful Ig!!! What a big boy he is. And 11 yo! Kudos to you for the great life-sustaining care. As if I would expect any less from you. ;)

11. cg53437

cg53437 New Member

He my name is Eric, I just got my Iguana about 2 months ago. I named him Xander, I got him from a buddy of mines store. Somebody didn't want him anymore. So I took him and when i first saw him I noticed nothing wrong cause I just glanced. Then I lookedcloser and noticed that he is missing about 12 nails. One on hand somebody cut off all his toes at about the knucle. I always feel so bad for him, but hey I love him. I just hope this dosen't affect him later in life. As soon as I get pics I will post them.

12. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

Napoleon

Wow Napoleon is gorgeous...My guy Frisky is 13 yrs old (adopted about 2 months ago) and he is only 4 ft 4 inches and approx 9 lbs....My Rocky is 6 1/2 yrs 4 1/2 ft and about 12 lbs and my girls...Spazzie is the midget of the group she is only about 45 iches long and 5 ish lbs Lizzie is approx 9 yrs and 7 lbs and Ziggie is 3 1/2 yrs and around 8 lbs...Both Lizzie and Ziggie are just over 4 ft so I have my hands full lol...Dominick is supposed to post pics for me soon....be on the lookout....Lyn

13. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

cg53437 your ig might have actually lost part of it's toes due to poor shedding in the past .. if the shed doesn't go well the skin gets stuck on and cuts of the blood circulation to the area - causing dry rot or dry gangrene ... the affected area then falls off and if you are lucky it doesn't spread up the toe into the foot or up the tail from the affected tip. A vet might have also cut them off after treating the ig with antibiotics. Unfortunately it can be hard to tell what's happened with an iguana in their past life with another owner. Just try to make sure that your ig can climb branches or onto shelves easily since it doesn't have all it's claws to help it grip onto things. ie more angled ramps/branches. Post pics of Xander, we'd love to see him! :)

14. Dragonden

Dragonden Elite Member

Thanks Lyn! I think he's gorgeous too but then I'm biased- I'm his mom. :) Did you see the pic on his page of what he looked like when we first got him?

Sept. 1996
    [​IMG]

He's come a long way!

I saw your ig pics in another posting! They are gorgeous too! And they are a good size too. How did Spazzie get her name? I have a box turtle that I named Spaz. I named him that because I think he thinks he's a lizard- he loves to climb (and fall!) onto his house and other objects and he's just a nut. :)

15. captkidd

captkidd Member

Oh Tricia your baby has come along way!! He looked pittiful but is oh so handsome now!!

16. Jem_Scout

Jem_Scout Elite Member

Here I am!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.