This Disappears When Logged In

bubbas pics

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by bubbas mum, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

2. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

whoa, what is he eating?

3. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

lol its a pinhead cricket....i dont see the other pics i put on as coming up. can you view them also or have I a problem with pc?

4. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

What planet are you getting the pinhead crickets from?:rolleyes:
    I'll see if I can fix the other pics.

5. schlegelbagel

there is no way that is a pinhead cricked. Looks like an alien. From the size of that bug, if it was a pinhead, the chameleon would be the size of a thumb tack.

6. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

That's better. Nice looking Cham.:)

7. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

hmmmm daughter says she thought they were pinhead crickets lol....soz i will investigate, bubba does like them tho! and we are in cyprus so these cricket things found in the bushes and grass. thanks for fixing the pics:D

ok googled pinhead crickets and that is obviously not one ha ha... shown daughter what they are like!

8. Disturbedcries87

Disturbedcries87 Elite Member

Wow always like these lil guys nice pictures :)

9. AdamJB

AdamJB Member

That thing looks like a walking stick. lol But is your cham in a glass cage?

10. schlegelbagel

I would agree. it looks like a walking stick! be careful collecting bugs outside. pesticids, fertilizers and what not could easily kill your cham.

11. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

will check it out. we get the insects from the wild green areas that are not sprayed by anyone, dont take any from gardens just incase they have been sprayed. will look into more live crickets/worms from other pet shops, Snake George said he will be breeding them for the winter so that will be a good source

12. Spikes the name

Spikes the name Elite Member

That actually looks like a stick bug that is their camoflauge to hide so they dont get eaten.

That chameleon looks great.
    Do they require alot of work or not.

I am thinking of getting one for my Fiancee.
    It will be my responsability though.

I think they look so cute.
    I saw a pregnant one last week quite amazing.

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Chams are one of the more challenging of lizards. They really aren't good for a beginner to herps.
    The problem with feeding insects from outside is you never know what they have been into. Just because the area you collected from does not spray doesn't mean that they are clean.
    Insects travel.

14. venus

venus Founding Member

Looked like some type of Mantid, lol.

Cham looks cool, great shots.

15. RES/AnoleLover89

RES/AnoleLover89 Elite Member

hehe, I thought so too Venus. I LOVE the pic of her asleep in the shirt pocket btw. It's so cute!

16. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

She isnt hard work, we take her out with us on family day outs believe it or not and attracts a lot of attention, but the thing ive noticed more is people here never thought twice letting their cats eat them if caught in the wild, but now they have seen and touched bubba they will try and save them more.

Her cage gets cleaned out more or less daily and as long as she has a fresh supply of food and water and is cosy she is ok. I will go to a pet shop today to see about shop supply of fresh food, Bubba doesnt like the tinned worms or crickets! shes fussy!!

17. Spikes the name

I have had an Iguana for about 3 Years now doesn't that get me passed a beginner?
    Compared to an Iguana more or less challenging??

18. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

LOL! No slight intended!;)
    Chams tend to be a lot more touchy about their environmental conditions.
    Iguanas are a lot tougher and more forgiving of "mistakes".

19. Spikes the name

None taken.:D

I will make sure Things are up to scratch when I decide to go for a Cham.
    Thanks for the "heads up"

20. bubbas mum

bubbas mum Member

went to another pet shop today...again they dont know whats best for bubbas eggs....still dont know whether to remove them from tank or not....also tried to get vermaculite or whatever it is i am to get!

Think next move may be a vet! The pet shops havent heard of chams laying eggs in captivity so no further forward apart from snake george saying leave them and internet saying remove them!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.