This Disappears When Logged In

Bringing my Boa to the UK or Europe?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ofsthun, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

I've done some research and I know you can bring reptiles but I have two Argentine Boas and they are on the CITES list as endangered species. So Does anybody know if I can bring them to Europe and what do I need to do to take them with me?

Thanks,

Chris

2. Joe

Joe Elite Member

To bring any animal listed on CITES as endangered in to Europe you require paper work proving that they are captive breed animals, as I understand it the US has not signed the CITES agreement meaning that you don't require any such certification? I could be wrong...

The best thing to do would be to contact DEFRA in the UK, website, and ask them they will tell you what you have to do. How long are you coming for? As if it is for some length of time they will probably issue you with paper work and a microchip, which wii have to be fitted before you travel...best bet is to get a contact from the link I posted.

Let us know how you get on.

3. Ofsthun

Ofsthun Elite Member

Well I don't have orders to Europe yet but if I do get orders I want to be prepared so that if I can bring them with me I will. I don't have papers saying they were bred in Captivity because one was a rescue and the other was a proven breeder. I will definately contact them about it because if I get orders I will only have maybe 3 months from the time I get them to the time I will have to be there.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.