This Disappears When Logged In

Breeding AFTs

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by Darra, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darra

Darra Active Member

Hello everyone! Zack my AFT is happy and healthy and I want to get him 2 girlfriends. His cage is a large one and zack is 2 years old in a month or two.Can i get them or is Zack too young?:confused:
    Reply soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

2. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

I believe that AFT's are pretty similar to Leopard geckos and they breed sometimes before they turn 1, so I would imagine that Zack is old enough...I also know that it goes by weight...do you know how much Zack weighs??? check out the leopard gecko caresheet to get some pointers. And good luck!!!

3. venus

venus Founding Member

Lyn is correct, you need to check his weight as well, and you need to make sure the girls are the correct with before putting them in with him :)

4. Darra

Darra Active Member

I have never thought about weight. Do i need a special weighing scale or something? And how much are the AFTs supposed to weigh?:confused: Zack is around 20 cm and i dont think he is growing anymore.

5. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

You need a digital scale, the regular ones are not too accurate.

You should look for females with a similar size and weight. You should quarantine them prior to getting them together.
    Make sure they are healthy and have enough calcium reserves, otherwise breeding might result in severe problems or death.

6. Darra

Darra Active Member

where can i get a digital scale?And how do i find out about their calcium reserves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.