This Disappears When Logged In

Breeder Reviews?

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by jabberwocky, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

why doesn't this site have a breeder reviews section? breeders should be graded on customer service, quality of animals, on-time arrival, fair pricing, etc. etc. if someone buys a great animal from a good honest breeder, they post about it to both help fellow forum members get good animals and to support good breeders and help their business grow so they can keep producing good animals. also, if one of us gets ripped off they can warn everyone not to buy from this person. what do you guys think?

2. kjm

kjm Member

Sounds like a good idea to me. It would get most of the bad breeders out of the game, and allow good breeders to sell great animals :)

3. Wynd

Wynd Elite Member

I love the idea ;)

4. ToriH

ToriH Elite Member

I agree!

5. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

yeah it could help decrease bad breeders out there. at least we should see less "my pet died 3 days after i bought it and the guy won't return my call" type posts on here.

6. Spyral

Spyral Elite Member

The only problem with breeder reviews is if some big breeder with a lot of money wants to sue the site over slander/libel, there will be a lot of legal fees. Many forums don't allow discussion of breeders because of this.

There is the Board of Inquiry on Fauna Classified's website that does allow people to share good and bad experiences. It's set up so that everyone has a chance to share their side of the story, and it's up for the reader to decide whether or not they will do business with them.

7. Rakoladycz

Rakoladycz Elite Member

An issue I have with reviews in general is many times people will make up bad reviews apparently just for fun.never having dealt with the business,person, product. The samething happens in the other direction. Some businesses now hire people to go about and make false good reviews to bring in more business. I believe this is a real problem with restaurants and could just as easily be an issue with reptile suppliers on forums like this one or FC boi.

8. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

and the human race disappoints me once again.

9. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I may create something in the future where the staff and specific members (trusted usergroups) can leave reviews for companies they did business with. It would need to be something I really thought on and developed to help deter such actions.

10. jabberwocky

jabberwocky Elite Member

that would be awesome if you could make it work spam free. maybe a post number requirement like the "elite member" thing. even just positive feedback would help a lot of people if enough of us post reviews.

11. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

The biggest problem with just positive feedback is that even bad companies have satisfied customers else they would go out of business immediately. It would definantly be something that was limited in use to those who have been here for some time. (Everyone would be able to read it but adding would be restricted.)

12. Guppyfry

Guppyfry Member

I'm still finding my way around this board, so not sure if there is a general breeding section? There could be stickies in the different areas in what to look for in a good breeder, and how to spot a bad breeder. Wouldn't name any names, just give information so that buyers will know what to look for, and what kind of businesses to avoid, and what questions to ask.