This Disappears When Logged In

Bredli X Jungle Carpet?

Discussion in 'Carpet/Diamond Pythons' started by Chad1109, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Chad1109

Chad1109 Member

Somebody wants to make me a trade for a jungle x bredli carpet Python. I have always wanted a carpet but don't really know much about them. First thing I want to know is about how much is it worth? I want to make sure I am not getting ripped off. And two what are they like to keep?

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Worth is relative, depends on a variety of factors. Lineage, size/age, colors/pattern. even whether it's feeding on live or f/t rodents. IMO the main thing is whether you think it's a fair trade, not necessarily the possible market price of the snake. You can check some of the classified ads like kingsnake or fauna and search for a similar cross to see what the prices look like.
    As for keeping, they're not too demanding, do like higher temps and humidity like red tail boas, as opposed to colubrids like corn or king snakes. They're pretty fast-growing snakes in general. Disposition varies among individual animals, but not usually a problem to handle. Some neonates are nippy, most of those outgrow it, some never strike or bite. Some are picky eaters when young, but again usually outgrow that too.