This Disappears When Logged In

Brand New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Taiga93, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Taiga93

Taiga93 Member

Hi all,
    New member here- I joined today because I'm a new snake parent so I needed a place to rant and ask for advice. I just adopted a common boa from a friend who wanted to rehome him due to not giving him enough attention. Turns out he has a bad respiratory infection and is underweight and there was a lot wrong with his husbandry- but I'll save that for another thread so as not to clog up the introduction thread. It's been a long couple of weeks with my new boa buddy and it's going to be a long uphill journey to good health. Other than the health problems that we're seeing a vet for, he's absolutely perfect and an amazing animal and I'm glad we found each other. I'm happy to meet other people in the hobby who enjoy these animals as much as I do.

2. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Welcome to HC!

Taiga93 likes this.
  3. Atroxus

Atroxus Well-Known Member

Welcome, I am sorry to hear about the state of your snake though. I hope he recovers quickly and well for you.

Taiga93 likes this.
  4. Taiga93

Taiga93 Member

Thanks for your replies!

5. AmityReptiles

AmityReptiles Well Established Member

Nice to have another boa lover on here. Welcome!

6. Taiga93

Taiga93 Member

They're so interesting. He literally just began shedding today- I checked on him a few minutes ago and he's rubbing his nose on his hide. Fingers crossed for a good shed after all he's been through.