This Disappears When Logged In

Bob's time has come

Discussion in 'Over the Rainbow' started by Mark, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Either Bob does have liver failure or there is a combination of too little too late in treating his infection and I have determined that it is time to end this.

At this point he has no energy and his eyes were closed with his head down and in much the same position as when I left for work when I walked in this evening. He looked up when I "made" him by touching after seeing that he was breathing. Shortly after that he put his head back down.

I will be calling the vet when her office opens in the morning.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. SurvivorSteph

SurvivorSteph Subscribed User Premium Member

*hugs* My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob. :(

3. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Mark, I'm so sorry to hear of Bobs condition. I know the love and time you spent together will always be special for the both of you. God bless.

4. BRIZZY

BRIZZY Banned User

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that, I am haveing trouble with my ornate female uro so i know how hard it is!! It's ver frustrating as well! Good luck and i hope things turn around in the better hand for you!

5. venus

venus Founding Member

Awww Mark, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob.

6. Debbie

Debbie Elite Member

I am so sorry and I hate that you have to do this to him but it is better and he will suffer no more. Bob is a very well cared for and very loved boy.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Bob, Iggy is waiting for you to come and play with him and Fran.

Debbie Bam-Bam and Miss Zak

7. Sean Boyd

Sean Boyd Elite Member

I am so sorry for you and Bob. My iguana geting to the end too. My prayers are with you.

8. MoogleBass

MoogleBass Kittes are so nice! Premium Member

Im sorry to hear this Mark. Bob will be missed greatly. My prayers are with you.

Debbie said it the best.

9. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I think the vets actions were too little too late. I was too late in getting him to a vet. The vets knowledge of igs is too small and her first dose of ABx was shall we say more conservative than I am either politically of monetarily (OK so I am a cheap-wad getting out of debt, as I sit at the computer I can see my breath right now because I have not turned the heat on outside my bedroom or bathroom yet).

10. aiden_punx

aiden_punx Elite Member

So sorry to hear that mark.

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Mark buddy I am sorry to hear this but I was afraid that it was coming. If it is any comfort you are one of the most conscientious keepers I have ever known and you have gone well above and beyond what many would have done in this situation.
    The tales of "The Blob" will be sorely missed.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you in this sad time.

12. ajvw

ajvw Subscribed User

I'm so sorry, Mark! Love and peace to Bob.

13. Dominick

Dominick Founding Member

So very sad to hear this Mark, but I understand you are doing the best you can for him. As Merlin said, you are a terrific keeper and you did all the right things for him.

He had a great life with you and my thoughts and prayers are with you and Blob.

Take care.

14. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

As hard as it was to make the decision I think you made the right one. He will no longer be suffering.

15. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

I'm truly sorry to hear about Bob Mark :( You gave him a better life than most iguanas could ever hope for though. He'll be missed!

16. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

Mark, I am really sorry to hear of your situation. I know how much you love Bob and this must be really hard on you. You were one of the people that did everything they could for their iguana, so you should take solice in the fact that you did everything you could for Bob and provided him with the best captive life that you could offer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Bob bud.

17. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Very sorry about this situation. I believe you made the right decision though. I'm sure this won't be easy for you.

18. CodyW

CodyW Elite Member

Mark,
    So sorry to hear of this but you know what has to be done and you are taking the right steps. Bob was an awesome ig and you are one of the best keepers I've ever read of.

19. Lyn

Lyn Elite Member

You have a load of great memories to share as well as some great cage designs....Bob was an icon to iguanas everywhere....my deepest condolences Mark....REmember...there is a reason for everything....best wishes.....

20. DarkMagician207

DarkMagician207 Elite Member

sorry to hear about Bob. he looked to have the best life you could offer him which was pretty good. my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.