This Disappears When Logged In

Bob's last cage

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Mark, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Today I set up Bob's last cage again after months of being folded up after washing. Someone emailed me about buying a cage but I don't think she will.

Anyway I only set up the shell / walls not the lighting and shelves.

This cage is 6' tall, 6' wide, and extends 3' out from the wall. Took me about 20 minutes to set up in the state you see it.

Attached Files:

2. kriminaal

kriminaal HH Block Leader Staff Member Premium Member

Definitely a good size. What are you taking time off from working on the house.:p

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

thats a really neat enclosure.

4. Moshpitrockchick

Moshpitrockchick Subscribed User Premium Member

How much do you sell those cages for?
    I'm looking at a major remodel on Dizzy's cage when we move, we have to take it completely apart just to get it out of the house, and then after that we have to figure out how to get it back together and put an addition on it. Spoiled green brat.

5. nicole

nicole Elite Member

That is a wondeful cage! I can tell you when we moved the hardest things to move was the iguana enclosures, all million of them, lol.

6. Mark

Mark Elite Member

Exact reason why I developed this design. I was a college student moving about 4 times a year and had to get all my stuff (including bike and iguana cage) in my Saturn. In this cage I have a total of 3 different pipe lengths. Each length is different enough that there is no chance you can grab the wrong one.

I have shipped a few of this type where the cage was 4x4x6. The cage walls, frame, lighting fixtures, zip-out floor, and climbing toys fit in a box just under 12"x12"x45" and about 50 pounds. Without the frame PVC pipes the cage fit in a 18x6x12 box and weighed under 18 pounds.

So far I have built these cages rectangular 4x4x6 and 4x8x6 and a small hexagon 24" deep, 48" wide, 36" tall (I was thinking I would get a beardie but decided against it in favor of a terrier).

I'll part with that cage for about $400 if I were to make new climbing toys -- that includes my lighting (1 mega heat HP, 1 mega ray EB with a used bulb, 1 100 W CHE and fixtures). Because of how weird the cage is I don't trust other climbing toy designs -- there isn't the traditional mounting available in this design. If I were to build that cage again to sell it you would be looking at about $750 because I don't really want to build many more of these.

7. Spikes the name

Spikes the name Elite Member

That is quite an interesting design.
    Do you make it yourself or develop and have the work done?

Once again great idea!

really good idea.

I might even consider doing something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.