This Disappears When Logged In

BLUE Eastern Garter Snake

Discussion in 'Garter & Water snakes' started by RiverShark, Jun 13, 2014.

1. RiverShark

RiverShark Member

Here's a video with my female Eastern Garter Snake (Thamnophis sirtalis sirtalis).
    Like I said the video, I know there are much more stunning colors out there as far as Garter snakes go but this isn't too common where I'm from. It's so awesome that this a wild-type color variation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq-uH5VrZuU

Here's some pictures I took of her, although the video is much better lol. Sorry about the sub-par quality. She doesn't like to cooperate and I'm still trying to get used to my Nikon haha. I promise better pictures in the future. This is just her feeding bin by the way, not her actual enclosure.

013.jpg
    006.jpg

2. lisas

lisas Elite Member

That is a nice looking snake and seems to have tamed really well. I'd never think they could get used to humans that quickly. The last one I picked up (moved it off of the trail) was extremely defensive (obviously) so it's interesting to see how tame she is.

3. RiverShark

RiverShark Member

Thanks, yeah she's starting to calm down quite a bit but she still has her days haha. She has never really been one to musk, so I guess I shouldn't complain, she has come a long way