This Disappears When Logged In

Blood Python F/T Problems

Discussion in 'Blood Pythons' started by Releep, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I know this has most likely been asked before. What advice can anyone give to help me convert my baby blood over to f/t. I finaly gave in today and got her a live mouse, it had been 7 weeks since she had lst eaten. I had been offering white mice in between. She would smell it and that is all.

2. lexiilish

lexiilish Elite Member

what are the f/t all white?

3. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I have tried the black and white, brown, white, gray, every color I can think of. The guy I purchased the blood python from raises his own mice and they are the white mice and he had a bunch of frozen ones he gave me. He hadn't started trying to switch the baby snakes to frozen thawed yet he had only feed live at the point I got my snake.

4. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Are you certain the mice are warm enough?

5. lexiilish

lexiilish Elite Member

if the snake is already eating for you all i can think of is let the snake go a couple feedings or skip atleast one and then try the f/t. my boa is used to live but im gonna feed her live acouple more times to keep her eating for me (she just fed the first time for me last night) and then im gonna switch to stunned/pre killed rats as im breeding my own or trying to anyways lol

6. TJOHNSON722

TJOHNSON722 Elite Member

7 weeks is nothing for a snake. Make sure the mouse is warm enough. If its not, they won't eat it. Don't give in and feed live.

7. Releep

Releep Elite Member

They should be, after they are thawed I put them in a bag and soak them in hot water changing the water every few min.
    I'm not sure what the exact temp is when I try to feed but hey are warm to the touch.

I've tried fresh killed and she just smells it I've tried dangling the mouse, moving it around like it's alive, and if I leave it in front of her hide or in her hide and leave her alone she will just push it to the side of her enclosure.

8. Releep

Releep Elite Member

I would have waited to feed her a live but she looked like she had lost some weight. So without thinking about weighing her I tossed in a live mouse she refused it. I pulled the mouse out and decided to wait till later in the evening. Then I took the snake out of the enclosure and was going to weigh her and noticed a few hard lumps towards her vent and got distracted with that so I gave her a warm bath and massaged her belly to help get the urates out. She passed 4 large urates first of anything she has passed for me. I put her in her cage and cleaned the bath mess up and forgot to weigh her and threw the mouse back in and she swallowed it right down.