This Disappears When Logged In

Blind Anole Rescue Help...

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by AnoleRescuer, Nov 27, 2018.

1. AnoleRescuer

AnoleRescuer New Member

Hi, I found an anole with part of its tail missing and apon closer inspection, he doesnt seem to have eyes. It doesnt look like they're closed, I cant even make out eyelids. Literally, it looks like skin has just grown over where the eyes should be. And the only part that is different from him being brown, is where its black and it's exactly on the top of his head between the eyes... I've had him a few days now and would thought hed be dead by now if it was truly a bad injury, but hes still alive. He doesnt move much and has the constant appearance of being on guard because he obviously cant see. I've tried hand feeding mealworms and he wont take them. I'm not even sure if he can open his mouth since I havent seen him do it since I've had him. And what's odd, is when I pour a little water on his head, it all beads off like its waterproof.. except for where the black area is located. For some reason, water sticks/absorbs to that area. I simply dont know what the problem is or what to further do. As you can see in the pic, something is obviously wrong where the eyes should be. Any thoughts will be appreciated... Id also like to add that its possible he was stepped on by the dogs. But no obvious injuries anywhere...

Attached Files:

2. Darkbird

Darkbird Moderator Staff Member

Not sure what to say on this. To be honest, it's probably best to either take it to a vet or put it back in the wild, preferably away from the dogs. The stress of captivity may be worse than whatever it may face in it's own habitat.