This Disappears When Logged In

Black Beard: The Cyclops Gecko!!!!

Discussion in 'African Fat-tailed Geckos' started by TitoAndKatt, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

He is soooo sweet! Very gentle and used to handling ( they have been hand feeding him since he has a hard time catching crickets with one eye). Here are some pics of the new family member...

I give you Barbosa the Pirate Gecko! Poor little guy..

Attached Files:

2. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

He has decided that sitting ON the thermometer I set in there to check the temps is the best spot in the cage! haha He's such a sweet Lizard! Very friendly and curious.

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

He looks nice and relaxed, I hope you have a long, healthy & happy life together! By the way Katt, why are you feeding him crickets with only one eye, if he has trouble catching them?? (quote) they have been hand feeding him since he had a hard time catching crickets with one eye.) :D
    Seriously, I wish you all the best!
    Stefan

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Re: Barbosa: The Cyclops Gecko!!!!

I am not feeding him crickets at all. That is what they passed on to me at the Pet Store :p I am feeding him meal worms and such.

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Katt, I can`t believe you didn`t "get" that joke!! Read it again! ( "crickets with one eye!!!) :) :D You`re such a silly girl, kKKatT, you really are!! ( But I like being friends!!)

6. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Hahahaha :D Hey, C'mon! I'm a blonde: sometimes it takes a little prodding to get things through! ;) lmao
    Besides, I read that the one-eyes crickets, despite being quicker and more evasive, have some extra nutrients that help with gecko eyelid regrowth. ;) So even if he has a hard time catching them, he needs to get over it and start eating them if he wants to grow his eyelid back! lol

7. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

P.S. I enjoy being friends too lol ...or do I? ;) :p

8. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

What does that sign at the end mean? :p We have to stay friends Kitty Katt, you`re the only one who understands my insane sense of humour!
    (well, most of the time you do!!) I need to go to bed, I`m up at 5.a.m. for work, talk to you soon,
    sTefAnN

9. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha I agree sTeFan. And :p is :p silly! It is a smiley face! haha And if no one there understands you humor, you need to come here! haha I hate ppl who have no sense of humor! They are such bums. Always dragging the mood down. *shakes head* Barbosa has a great sense of humor! ;)

10. Ace

Ace Elite Member

Haha! I didn't get it at first either I had re-read your fist post too! It must be a blonde thing (I'm blonde too). He is soo cute! I am happy that he got a great home!

11. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha Well, I am glad I am not alone! :p And thanks! :) I think he is cuter with his scars; makes him look like a little Pirate lizard! haha I love his one normal eye though! It I sooo big and round! Nocturnal animals are so cute: I wish I could have a pet owl! haha

12. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Katt, I don`t think the other animals wish you had a pet owl! :confused:Would it help if you dyed your hair brunette? :) (On second thoughts, you`d give brunettes a bad name!) It`s good you don`t do a lot of thinking kitty, you could be quite dangerous! I think you have good intentions, and that`s the main thing, so keep being a "dizzy blonde"! Can you take some photos of your enclosures, and put them up? Thanks :D sSTefAn
    I forgot: I used to have a baby Tawny owl (beautiful animal) only for a few months, then I released it to live in the wild, because that`s the best place for these types of birds, but still a little sad to see him go!

13. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

First off steF-han, I give blondes a good name! AND I would NEVER EVER want to be a brunette! I might die of shame!!! ;) Just wait until I graduate from Med school! Mwahaha! Then we'll see who should do more thiking!And I am not "dizzy," except when I get off the merry-go-round! Ditsy sometimes maybe...but dizzy...not often. Psh, learn to get your terminology right! ;) And I am sure my herps would loove it if I got a pet owl! Another friend for them to play with!!!! Oh boy! They would be so excited! I just know it!!!! ;) :p
    hahahaha
    I will try to get some pics of my enclosures up later. I am in the process of changing a few of them around soon too. I might be inheriting a rather large tank soon, which I plan to divide for my two geckos, and I will be able to finish building the bigger better cage tor Shiiva, my snake, this summer. Which will also open up yet another large tank... I don't have a camera though, I usually use my comp's webcam so no guarantees on the quality of the pics! Or the timing for that matter. Finals are coming up and they are more important than taking pictures I am sorry to say. (as much as I wish it were otherwise haha) :p

14. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Finals are more important than taking pics??? Get your priorities right, girl !
    You can finish your studies later. :D:p Just a thought: Why don`t you put Shiiva in with the others, it would be a bit of company for her? ( That`s what I`d do, KaTt!) :)
    P.S. What`s "thiking?? Not dizzy??

15. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Thiking is how I spell thinking when I am not awake yet apparently. haha I can't type when I am tired. And I am sure Shiiva would have all sorts of fun with Galileo, as he is the smallest and, I am sure she will find, the tastiest. I'm pretty sure she is nice and full after eating two very large mice not long ago though hahaha :p

16. Beardie

Beardie Elite Member

I hate it when people don't have a sense of humour, too. They make me all sad and such! And brunettes aren't always that smart! We have our moments :p. I didn't get the joke at first either!

Edit*Sorry, just saw the date. Didn't know the topic was that old!

17. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Haha it's fine. No problem reviving an old thread. :)
    If anyone is interested:
    Barbosa's scars were looking much, MUCH better. However, despite everything I tried, I could still not get him to eat on his own. Hand feeding him every night was very time consuming, and as much as I loved the little guy, I knew that he deserved more attention than I could give him. I was able to find a new home for him a few weeks ago. The lady who took him was very nice, and well educated about his care. She had owned Leopard Geckos before and had all of the CORRECT set up already. She read the care sheet from this site too when I sent it to her. :) She is very animal oriented and was willing and able to spend the time hand-feeding him each night. As sad as I was to see the little dude go, I know that he has a much better home with her, and I can use the time I was spending hand-feeding him with my other herps.

18. shwknight

shwknight Elite Member

I'm glad you found a good home for him and did what was best for him :)

19. Beardie

Beardie Elite Member

I'm glad you did what was in his best interest (not like you weren't giving adequate care! :p) Brownie points for you! :)

20. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

If only we could find a good home for you Kitty, somewhere they`d hand feed you everyday, and clean up after you etc., ( or have you trained your long-suffering boyfriend to do that??) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.