This Disappears When Logged In

Big THANKS and Update

Discussion in 'Green Tree Pythons' started by pjrojo, May 8, 2012.

1. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Once again I would like to thank you all for posting your kind words and support about my Green Tree Python's passing.

So, I contacted the person/store I got her from and he said something I didn't know about her and I'm not sure if it matters but she was not a captive bred baby. I was led to believe she was a CBB but come to find out she was farmed bred baby from New Zealand....

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

It's sad that so many animals are still wild caught and farmed. I wish there was a law that EVERY animal for sale, via breeders or petshops have to state if the animal are Wild caught, farmed or captive bred. If it was up to me I would choose captive bred over the others any day of the week!
    I am pretty sure my Tokays, water dragon, and anoles are all wild caught.

I hope that one day you will find another GTP from a breeder, and it will live a long healthy life with you :)

3. pjrojo

pjrojo Subscribed User Premium Member

Thanks Susan and I agree with you totally! I have found another GTP from a breeding on Kingsnake dot com and after many emails and phone calls with him I feel that I'm getting what I'm asking and looking for. I'm cleaning out the enclosure and getting all new everything to go it for my new snake, I will have my new GTP on Friday

4. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

Yay! I'm so excited for you :) I can't wait to see the new baby. Nothing like a new baby to help with the loss. You can never replace the one you loss, but you can help fill the void it made :)

5. JoeyG

JoeyG Subscribed User Premium Member

Congrats! Breeding herps is something I fully support. It's my hope that it eases the strain on wild populations. Good luck with the next one and looking forward to pics!

6. BlackJack

BlackJack Subscribed User Premium Member

Wow, I missed the story about your GTP dying. :( So sorry for your loss.
    Good luck with the new guy.