This Disappears When Logged In

Big Problem

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by LeopardGeckoMom52688, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeopardGeckoMom52688

LeopardGeckoMom52688 Elite Member

I am trying to introduce another female to my other females before I upgrade my tank. I want to make sure everyone is going to get along. They got into a fight while I stepped out to take a shower. And one of my leos has a few scratches around her face. She is the only one hurt. Ones is behind her ear the other on the back of her neck. There is no blood but the one hurt is one of my babies. My female I bought a year ago and raised from a hatchling. Am I better to take them all out. Put them all in a 30 so territoy has to be established again and will prevent fighting. I just don't want anyone to get hurt and if I can't put them all together I will have to sell my albino because my sisters will come first. They are all females. Why are the fighting and how can I stop it and saftly put them together. It kinda looks like she is going into shed and the other gecko just ripped it because the under skin looks brand new and shinny. Thanks for any info you can give me!

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Hello,

You can't stop it unless you separate them. For the record, only leos that are close to being the same size should be housed together. Are they all close in size?

Are you 100% certain they are all females? If any of them are males, he will bite the females behind the neck and around the face as he tries to breed them. (Thats how he shows his dominance and how he subdues the female for copulation.)

Most females will get along with other females just fine. You can always try the other tank, but you could just have a cage bully. (Which sometimes happens.)

3. LeopardGeckoMom52688

Yes all of them are a year old. My albino is a little smaller due to her having a partially regrown tail. And yes they are all females I was checking them last night before I put them all together and they have been in the same cage before for some time but this time they faught. Tonight I am going to try taking them out and putting my familes in a small tank and moving around my large tank. And I hope she isn't a bully she will go back to the pet store. I am trying to get my room down to 4 tanks. My females my aft and my two males.

4. GeckoMandi

GeckoMandi Elite Member

I agree that once the bully in them starts it doesn't stop, the best idea is just keep them apart.

5. iam_a_legend06

iam_a_legend06 Well-Known Member

it may be a dominance thingor possibly a male is maongst there numbers as he will definatley bite in the mate process i thought he was trying to kill my females when mine first came into season

6. LeopardGeckoMom52688

I think its much more a jealousy thing. Because Ducky (my leo of a year) gets along with Caramel (new cage mate) and petrie (owned with ducky for year in the same tank) is beating ducky up. I have moved them to a 30 gallon tank and they have been in the same tank all day and no fighting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.