This Disappears When Logged In

Bibron's Gecko- Pachydactylus bribronii

Discussion in 'Geckos - Other' started by MAM, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAM

MAM Active Member

Well, i went to a reptile expo over this weekend with every intention of bringing home a crested gecko. the few that were for sale, though completely in my price range (i had done my research and worked out my budget), were all very small and young, which made me a little nervous (not knowing how well they've been cared for thus far, didn't want to take the chance there might be any problems, being they were so young and so tiny). So as I was walking around comtemplating taking the chance of spending $50 only to have the little guy die in a few weeks (so hard to tell if they are healthy when theyre only 2 inches long.....), I came across a little booth that had a very interesting looking little gecko, who, as the breeder so aptly put it, have a devilish cuteness to them (they look evil, yet adorable at the same time). he told me they were bibron's geckos. having never heard of them i asked all about them, and he happily answered. i looked at the price, and took two.
    i went online when i go home to confirm what the breeder had told me, as you never know. for the moment, they are sharing a critter keeper. later today, i'm cleaning out a now empty fish tank and will get everything else they'll need decor wise over the next week or so. can't tell yet what sexes i have, though i know if i have two males, i'll have to separate them. and regardless, i may have to separate them, as i have learned they can be quite territorial. but for now, they are peaceful little juvies, so i will just be watching them like a hawk, ready to move one if need be (thankfully, i have a few spare fish tanks floating around and live only two blocks from a pet supply store if i need to get another screen lid.... :D )
    i haven't had a chance to shoot some pics but here is a link to some i found on the web for those of you who like me, had not yet heard of these lovely little guys:
    http://www.herpbreeder.com/worldspecies/Sauria/gekkota/pachydactylus.htm

2. Jay DeMore

Jay DeMore Elite Member

Cool looking little guys.

3. furryscaly

furryscaly Elite Member

Aw, brings back memories. I had a bibron's gecko for 9 years, but sadly, nobody lives forever :(. His name was Gex. They're awesome little guys, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours very much :) Post pics when you can. If I can, I'll see if I can put some pics of Gex on here sometimes too.

4. venus

venus Founding Member

Awe, they are so cute. i would not know which one to choose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.