This Disappears When Logged In

Best Stackable Snake Cages?

Discussion in 'Snakes - General' started by TitoAndKatt, Feb 11, 2013.

1. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

So I am going to be moving soon and I am thinking I want to get a pair of stackable snake cages. One for Shiiva, one for my bf's corn snake. I have wanted them for a while but couldn't afford it. I am looking for something big enough for a BP (40 breeder or larger) minimum size. It needs to be sturdy, preferably lightweight as we will be traveling in about a year and a half. Something that looks nice (no rack tubs!). And something that would come with the heating setup already built in. I don't really want to spend $500 on a pair of cages only to have to spend another couple hundred on ceramic heat panels and figure out how to attach them and yadda yadda. But I want there to still be a heat gradient, and have the ability to hook lights up to a timer. If the cages can possibly have some form of night lighting option as well, that would be even more awesome.

What cages do you guys recommend?

So far I have found these two, but I can't seem to get enough details about them from teh websites. Can anyone tell me more about these two models, pros and cons, whether they fit the needs I mentioned above, and if there are any better suggestions? THANK YOU!!!! :D

24" Stackable Cage

Vision cages and tubs

2. Rich

Rich Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I have 2 of the 48"L x 18"H x 24"D enclosures and they stack. (I have them stacked right now.) They are a bit pricey but cover all your needs and there are a variety of sizes, colors and prices.

Showcase Cages

3. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

Ooo that is beautiful, but yikes! They are definitely out of my price range though, esp because shipping to Alaska is usually beyond ridiculous. :( I wish I could get those, they look perfect! :D

4. TitoAndKatt

TitoAndKatt Elite Member

What do you guys think of these cages?

I REALLY like these ones. They come with everything, and if they ship to Alaska the price is about right considering they come with perches and heating and lighting... They are a little on the big side though. Great for the snakes, but not helpful with conserving space and traveling... haha
    (80 watt, yes light, 3 perches, yes 8/9 zip code) $350 each

36w x 18t x 24d – Quick Assembly | Snake Cage and Reptile Cage at PVC Cages

This one is really nice. Pretty cheap, but I would have to order heat panels and lighting I believe...
    pvc 30" x 18 x 12

Same thing here, looks fairly inexpensive but I think I would have to buy heat/lights... PLM 32x23x12 $185 shipped
    Constrictors Northwest

5. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi Kitty, I like them all, if it were me I`d buy one of each, but it`s for your snakes so you won`t do that. I like the second and third ones, maybe a black one for the Ball python and a lighter coloured one for the corn snake. What type of heating/lighting are you using now (meaning won`t it work in these models, instead of buying more)?