This Disappears When Logged In

Best Mister/fogger/humidifier for Custom Enclosure?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Tymonster, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

So I am almost done modifying my custom CWD enclosure. It's not quite as tall as I would like but I'm sure it will work for my little guy temporarily.

It's oak/oak plywood and measures 4'long x 3'tall x 20"deep. Got it for next to nothing on a local classifieds site. I've sealed it with an 'eco friendly' varathane sealant, and just have to silicone the corners.
    My question to you guys and girls is what is the very best way to keep humidity up as far as an automated system goes. I've searched through the threads and on other sites but there's just so many options I'm having trouble deciding. I could use a monsoon, mist king, reptifoger, household humidifier, etc. I'd like to know everybody's experience with such items/ anything I haven't listed.
    Also, I want to have flowing water through his water, how I'm doing this now is with a small aquarium filter pump making a trickling waterfall of sorts but it doesn't work to well, it was a cheapy and maybe I just need a better quality filter? How do you all have flowing water set up? Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

2. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

Mistking, hands down. I've used a Monsoon, Reptifogger, and a humidifier but find they're only really effective in smaller enclosures, plus they have a much shorter lifespan (i.e. known for breaking) than Mistking. That's my personal experience anyway. I'm currently working on a custom enclosure for my water dragon and on initial humidity test, the Mistking is working wonderfully.

For flowing water, I'm using a Reptafilter (designed for turtle tanks) - it looks neat (like a waterfall) plus has a higher powered filter so it requires less cleaning.

3. mld

mld Subscribed User Premium Member

4. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

Thanks for the input you two!

5. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

I have the monsoon and it mists two CWD enclosures fairly well. Haven't had any issues with it and have had it for over a year.
    As for waterfalls in the pond I have the repti filter for turtles as mentioned plus I went to harbor freight and got a small pond pump to creat a water fall. It works great.

6. SpidaFly

SpidaFly Elite Member

I'm pretty happy with a household ultrasonic humidifier + some cutting and prying, silicon, and PVC/nylon hose. Ain't pretty but it works great - and you ALWAYS know you can repair it yourself ;)

7. Tymonster

Tymonster Active Member

I ended up ordering the MistKing starter kit. I like the idea of using anything for your reservoir, highly programmable settings, and it wont be an eye sore. Also plan on grabbing one of those reptifilters. Thanks again everyone