This Disappears When Logged In

Beardies Eyes Are Watering and Stuck Shut

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Draco27, Aug 4, 2009.

1. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Yep, plus it could always take a day or two to get a slot. If they improve with the drops BEFORE the vet, you can always cancel.

2. Draco27

Draco27 Member

He seems to be getting worse. I couldn't get him in anywhere tonight, I called all over.
    I got an appointment for tomorrow right after school. I feel horrible for waiting this long and I found a vet that's close to my house that I didn't even know about.

3. schlegelbagel

schlegelbagel Frog Lover Premium Member

Glad you are taking him to a vet tomorrow. Report back on the results.

4. wildheart

wildheart Elite Member

I am sorry to hear that he is worse. Hope everything will come right after the vet visit.:( Good luck.

5. Draco27

Draco27 Member

Haven't been on in awhile. An update on my beardie.
    I took him to the vet on the 5th and 2 times since then. They have prescribed 2 different antibiotics and are in the process of deworming him. They can't seem to pinpoint what exactly is wrong with him but they have me soaking him daily and giving him antibiotics.
    The only improvement is that after soaking, his eyes look clear and he opens them, and he started taking mealworms if I hand feed him rather than the reptile meal I was feeding before. I'm about 2-3 hundred dollars in now and the fact that he's improved at all is good so im hoping he will be on his way to recovery within the next month. Cross your fingers.

6. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

What do you mean by "Reptile Meal"?

7. Draco27

Draco27 Member

Its called repti-aid. Its supposed to provide reptiles with the proper nutrients and help them get back on track if they are not eating properly.