This Disappears When Logged In

Bearded Dragon Terrarium

Discussion in 'Cage Furniture - Accessories' started by LoveReptiles, May 22, 2014.

1. LoveReptiles

LoveReptiles Active Member

What can I add to my beardie's terrarium to make it more appealing, and comfortable for him?

I already plan on getting a background. What type of background would look nice and natural? I want it to feel somewhat like his natural habitat. So, desert? I know a forest background would look nice, but do they live in forests as well?

What accessories could I put in? Etc.

2. jaydsr2887

jaydsr2887 Elite Member

Id say the best substrate is to get brown/tan tile for the ground, and you can make a 3D background out of styrafoam insulation and grout look at youtube or Lizard care, and fake rock wall landscapes great project...... and use some drift wood and rocks for him to climb on.....

3. Saborun

Saborun Well-Known Member

can you put up pics of the current terrarium

4. LoveReptiles

Actually, I do have ceramic tile as his substrate.
    I attached a photo of his enclosure.

Attached Files:

5. Saborun

Saborun Well-Known Member

Get a hideaway for him clay pots that have been broken in half and the sharp edges sanded down work great and can also be used as a basking spot as well, you can go to IFA country store and get the large Ginnie pig hut for him, my sand fish has the smallest one and it works great for him.

- - - Updated - - -

also a background will help

6. LoveReptiles

Thank you.
    I was also thinking about adding a live plant. Thoughts?
    And I would like to get a desert terrain background. Or maybe rocks?

7. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

To be honest, you can use any type of background that you like. These animals are several generations removed from the wild and wouldn't know what their native habitat would have looked like.

8. LoveReptiles

Okay, thank you. I always thought forest backgrounds were more appealing to look at. And he had a forest background in his previous terrarium.