This Disappears When Logged In

Bearded Dragon Research Before Getting a Bearded Dragon!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Rae, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

If it doesn't smell like chlorine or taste like salt then it is perfectly fine to use on your animals without the reptisafe stuff or the filter. I don't use any water conditioners for my animals.

2. Rae

Rae Elite Member

So I inquired about our water in my city and it doesn't have a high chlorine at all but is quite hard. I'll likely still have the water dish in the enclosure filtered and treated but at least I don't have to worry about the bath water being dangerous.

3. Rae

Rae Elite Member

4. cassicat4

cassicat4 Subscribed User Premium Member

It's hard to tell from the pic, but the price is good for an enclosure of that size. I would go check it out! Many cracks can be quite easily repaired with silicone, and yes, as long as it's covered with something, it shouldn't matter for a beardie.

5. Rae

Rae Elite Member

She said it needs to be scrubbed clean, lots of water stains I think. But other than that she said its in good condition.

6. Rae

Rae Elite Member

Awws only one opinion on the tank size and price.... :/... was hoping for a few more before making a decision.

7. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

Grab it! Silicone well fix most cracks and such a cheap price don't pass it up!

8. Rae

Rae Elite Member

lol that's the type of responses I hoped for... I thought it was a really good deal even with a crack but wasnt 100% sure on aquarium worths (but nice to have other opinions). Is there a specific silicone I should use to make sure its safe.

9. Thalatte

Thalatte Elite Member

As long as its 100% silicone your safe. And I try to find aquariums that is atmost $1 per gallon. If used I try for 0.50 per gallon.

10. Rae

Rae Elite Member

Mhmm that's a good idea. Well she said its 120 gallon so at $50 we are looking really good if I go by your method XD.

11. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

And if the crack is severe I would silicone a peice of plywood to the bottom.

12. Rae

Rae Elite Member

Might be stupid question but... put the ply wood on then the slate tile on top? Or the plywood goes under the tank...?

13. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

I would put it under the tank, on the outside.

14. Rae

Rae Elite Member

Ok sounds good, once I get the tank I will report on the condition of the crack and see if plywood is the best route. I also found out that Pets mart has safe silicone XD.

15. heidir0303

heidir0303 Member

Do you have a picture of your tank? I'm currently looking into getting/making a bigger tank for my beardie.