This Disappears When Logged In

Bearded Dragon Dying After A Decade?

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Tonight, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Tonight

Tonight New Member

Hello, I am new but in need of help. My bearded dragon that I've owned for 10 years (nearly 11) is showing signs of what seems to be him becoming weaker. First off, I have him in a 80 gallon tank but I allow him to walk in a large space I built myself, that is 3ft wide and 5 ft long. I keep him in that for about 8 - 11 hours a day. His diet is pretty good as I've had him on meal worms and crickets on Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Every other week he'd receive calcium powdered crickets. On the days with no insects I fed him raw cabbage, blueberries, grapes, and carrots. The UVB Light I used from the start and still use to this day is the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 Fluorescent Light 18 inch. I placed each of them about 5 - 6 inches from the very ends of the tank. Spritzing I did occasionally but consistently. Anyways, back to my problem, I took him to the vet about a week and a half ago and told them what was going on. He was trembling when I picked him up but they let me off with "it was just due to age" and how no further action was needed or could be taken. Also, he seems to be a little more lethargic these days as I've noticed for about the last 2 months. That, I'm not so much worried about, but what I am worried about is why he's shaking when I pick him up. This just started about two weeks ago. I'd appreciate any advice/help I get. Thanks!

p.s His pooping and eating habits have remained good before and is still good at the time of this post. Also, mealworms were occasional, crickets were more of my main insect with Dubia roaches being occasional as well.

2. waagyl

waagyl Active Member

I believe it may also be with age that is causing the shaking. Sounds like he has had an amazing life! My beardie is seven years old right now and he definitely doesn't run around like he used to. He still can run however.. faster than me. But anyways I think that it is just as the vet said. You're little old man has one heck of a =n awesome life though!