This Disappears When Logged In

BD environment photos

Discussion in 'HH General Discussion' started by Mark, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I have a kind of writers block at the moment.

I am working on the design of my beadie cage and looking for inspiration for it. Does anyone know of a site with photos of the Aussie country side where these lizards are found? Even just some ideas of word combinations for searching online. I am sure they come from areas with more life than the barren desert photos I have seen in many places.

thanks

2. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Mark, I couldn't find much on beardies in the wild,,,,but if you google for pics in the Kata Mountain area of Australia it should give you a pretty good idea of there natural surroundings.

3. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

Mark, I had my student's research the bearded dragon last year for the Holes project. I don't think they found any pictures of them in the wild.

4. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

5. Colleen

Colleen Elite Member

6. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I don't really care right now about photos of the actual lizard in the wild. Rather I am looking for photos of the land on which they typically live. Larger panoramic shots rather than something where the subject is the animal itself.

7. kenman1963

kenman1963 Moderator

Did you try the area I mentioned above ?

8. Mark

Mark Elite Member

I did and found some of what I am looking for, thanks.

Right now I am looking at the weather averages for some cities in central Australia.

9. rbl

rbl MacGyver in real life

10. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

11. fire2225ems

fire2225ems Subscribed User Premium Member

12. Merlin

Merlin Administrator Staff Member Premium Member

Yes Thorny devils(Moloch Horridus) are definitely one of Australias many interesting oddities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.