This Disappears When Logged In

Bci Or Bcc

Discussion in 'Boas *General*' started by snakemomGLHS, Sep 18, 2018.

1. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Member

First is Severus Second is Houdini. Don't mind my ball snuggled with dini. They are sharing a tank until we can finish building their new enclosure since we unexpectedly obtained Severus.
    Houdini we were told is a red tail, but the more I research the less I believe. And Severus was caught in the woods in a town over and we saved him from being euthanized.

Attached Files:

2. IAmTonyaR

IAmTonyaR Member

Where do you live that people release boas and then they can be re caught in the woods?

snakemomGLHS likes this.
  3. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Member

Tennessee. He wasn't supposed to be released, someone just did. Then twra got called about a water mocassin, there was a post made on Facebook, and then my friend with twra called me asking if we wanted him because their rescue was full.

4. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

Both are BCI's.

5. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Member

How can you tell exactly?

6. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

The shape of the saddle markings are distinctive between BCC and BCI.

snakemomGLHS and Lori68 like this.
  7. jonathan.piazza91

jonathan.piazza91 Active Member

I think it's awesome you're rescuing so many large boas @snakemomGLHS . Have you considered ordering stackable Animal Plastic type cages?

8. snakemomGLHS

snakemomGLHS Member

We have, however my husband is not a fan. He dislikes the thought of them being confined. We actually ordered the glass this week for the new enclosure we are planning on building for them. I'll post pictures ones it is done. And good news, Severus finally ate for us (this is his 4th week with us) and he shed beautifully! He has two more rounds of antiparasite meds and still needs some ointment on a few scales, but he is beautiful. I'll take new pix tomorrow and share.