This Disappears When Logged In

Basic Setup For A Veiled Chameleon?

Discussion in 'Chameleons' started by Kristof, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Kristof

Kristof Well Established Member

Hey guys, so I'm looking at getting a veiled chameleon and was making a little "list" of stuff I'm going to buy for his setup. I attached a screenshot and was wondering if with this stuff I could make a proper habitat for a baby. I have a strict $300 budget and right now I'm up to $225 so anything you recommend (That i could preferably get from LLLReptile) would be great! Thanks guys & Happy Halloween! :D

Screenshot_2.png

2. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

The trees will honestly be cheaper at lowes or home depot or whatever like that is in your area. With chameleons you are also going to need a fogger, or some sort of DIY dripper, or you need to manually mist multiple times a day. They don't drink from standing water, but they will drink running water or condensation.

3. Kristof

alright thanks. Would just any fogger be fine? I don't mind misting but a fogger would be cool. Also, would I have to worry about mold in my room with a fogger since its in a screen cage?

4. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

I never had any issues with mold when I had mine. I don't think it creates enough moisture to really be a problem. You just wanna point the hose directly into the enclosure so it gets condensation on the leaves. Don't have to go crazy, just get it wet in there 2 or 3 times a day.

A little trick if the fogger breaks or something, and you're in a pinch, is to put an icecube on the top, and as it melts the water will drip into the enclosure.

5. Kristof

Awesome, thanks for your help :)

6. mimo91088

mimo91088 Elite Member

no problem. good luck with the veiled. They're awesome!
    another random tip is when you go to handle, scoot the cham onto your hand rather than picking him up. they're fragile little guys and they tend to cling to the branches. you dont wanna pull him off.