This Disappears When Logged In

Ball Python Eggs. Need Help/advice

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by damein1234, Aug 21, 2015.

1. damein1234

damein1234 Member

Ball python laid a clutch of 8 eggs. its been about a month and one egg is DONE.
    The rest of the clutch is still nice, round and white, but this egg at the bottom is like, rancid and green. It's stinking up the room, and I'm worried its tainting the other eggs.

I didn't catch the clutch soon enough to have them separated. they are all stuck together in a large ball. but the bad egg is at the very bottom, easy to get to.

My idea is, cut the bad egg, let the goop drain, then trim it away, leaving the other eggs safe.

now, will this do more harm then good? does anyone have anything better? should I really just leave it alone?

Thanks for reading.

2. toddnbecka

toddnbecka Well Established Member

From what I've read the bad egg shouldn't harm the healthy ones, but if it's stinking up the room too badly then try to get rid of the worst of the mess.

3. Darkbird

Darkbird Elite Member

Be very careful about it, but I think you'd be OK with that plan. I had a few eggs die on me like that this year, and they really do smell, but I was able to remove them without harming anything.