This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Shed

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Runningmom, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Wow I woke up today and looked in the dragon's cage and here is Angel on top of the perch and she's shedding!
    image.jpg

image.jpg

I thought it was exciting. And she pooped too. Good signs I guess, considering last week she was still hardly eating. I have left her alone while she's shedding. I am going to feed her later- she seems a little freaked out about the shed right now.

2. JSqueezer

JSqueezer Elite Member

My gosh she's cute!!!!! I want one so badly!!!

3. murrindindi

murrindindi Elite Member

Hi, it`s good the dragon is shedding, you will probably already know, but I`ll mention it anyway; they often stop feeding during the shed, but it`s nothing to worry about.

4. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Ok. I thought so, which is why I didn't try feeding her this morning. If she is done today or tomorrow I will try feeding. There is a cricket that apparently can't jump in her bowl and it has endive and apple to munch. She drank a tiny bit of water from a dropper with a little reptaboost in it. :) I also sprayed twice with water.

Thanks, Jsqueezer. I just got her on Aug 17th and she was about 7 weeks old. So now she's about 10 weeks? I am not sure. So now I am going by months. :) she's still tiny!

5. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

Hurray Mommy!!! How sweet. Mine shed a week or so ago.. their first... now one of them is acting like she wants to shed again.. SO soon... awww they grow up so fast...

6. TigerIvy

TigerIvy Elite Member

YAY!!! Happy days :) First shed is always exciting! But they do shed ALOT as babies.

7. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

Yes. This is her first shed since I got her. I have no idea how many she had before I got her. But I thought it was good since she wasn't eating before and now she is. Must mean something good is happening right?! ;)

And I do get really excited about poop. She isn't pooping a lot yet. So I thought maybe she needed water or maybe giving a little but of reptaboost every couple days or maybe 1-2 times a week because when I give a few drops of water plus that it seems to make her poop. And she doesn't really lick the water but if it has a little reptaboost she will.

8. PogoTheDragon

PogoTheDragon Well-Known Member

My baby'a shedding too!
    image.jpg
    (Sorry I posted this on your thread, just didn't want to start a whole new one!)

9. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

That's ok:)

10. mayhmmaydn

mayhmmaydn Elite Member

you should still be spritzing her daily, especially on the top of the head to run down her nose to her mouth for her to drink unles shewill go to a water dish. But even then.. I bathe my kids almost every day they get misted several times a day. if they aren't thirsty they run away like im spraying them with acid.. if they are they sit there lapping it up. lol its so cute to have a heard of the just licking their lips under a light!

11. Deadmanjn

Deadmanjn Elite Member

LOL mine do the SAME thing if they are thirsty they all sit heads up and drink or if it pools below them on the log they lap it up there. If they are not the run in terror its funny to see. I even have a water bowl for those who don't like the spray

12. Runningmom

Runningmom Elite Member

She closes her eyes when I spray her. And I do that twice a day. She won't drink but if I try a dropper she sometimes drinks. I should try that tomorrow. I also sometimes put a little reptaboost because she will drink it from dropper that way and it gets her more water that way I think. :)