This Disappears When Logged In

Baby Kingsnake Has a Kink in His Neck and Can't Eat?

Discussion in 'Kingsnakes' started by Breonnahnep, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Breonnahnep

Breonnahnep New Member

So about 5 days ago I got a baby kingsnake. A friend of mine breeds them and he gave me two to try to work with seeing as they've got kinks and he was just going to give them away as coral snake food. Now. My female eats just fine, twice a week. Every 3-5 days. My male on the other hand, I have not been so lucky. Tonight is the first time he's ever accepted food, he's very thin and I got quite excited he might actually eat for me. He's been trying to eat this pinky for about 25 minutes now and can't get past the head. When he moved his jaw around to eat, I noticed something odd. What looks to be like a kink in his throat. He can't seem to get past the pinkies shoulders and it looks like something starts to poke out of he side of his neck when he continues to try to eat, and then he stops. Im really worried about this and don't know what to do. :/ please help. I've attached some pictures to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Wyldrose

Wyldrose Elite Member

I would try cutting the pinkies in half, nose to tail, and see if he can handle swallowing them that way. You could also try mouse parts like legs or tails, until he is big enough to get pinks down. If the kink is bad he may have to be kept on smaller meals his entire life.

3. Breonnahnep

Breonnahnep New Member

Okay. Thank you so much.